Monday, July 25, 2016

No Mo Chemo

We got together for Family Home Evening last Monday to celebrate Kori.
She took her last dose of Chemo the night before

This is good news for so many reasons
1.  Chemo is totally the worst
2.  Chemo kills bad cells, but it also kills good ones
3.  Now that good cells are going to be left alone, her brain can
start to really heal
Morgan gave the lesson on trials.  Which was apropos.  But the best part is when Kori said "I have something to say...  Before this all happened, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, running the kids every which way and never sitting down for two seconds.  This past year,  I have had a lot of opportunities to just sit and be quiet.  My relationship with Russ has grown.  My relationship with my parents has grown and my relationship with my Savior has grown.  I get to take time to really pray and listen for the answers.  And I can honestly say that I am grateful for this trial."

While Kori was sitting still and "listening"...   she had a dream.  She was at a Hyde Family Reunion and Russ'  "Great Aunt Lois"  was there and no one wanted to sit by her, but Kori said that she would.  Well...  "Great Aunt Lois" started lighting Kori up because she was being so hard on Russ and saying a lot of mean things about him... and it ticked Kori off.  Because that wasn't true.    She also went on to say that she was just trying so hard to be in the family, but no one was helping her.

When she woke up, she said "Russ, do you have a "Great Aunt Lois"?
He said "Not that I know of..."
And she said "Good because I don't like her and we need to keep her away from me."

Later that night, Kori checked her emails....  She is not sure why.   She hadn't checked them in months,  in fact,  she had over 1,000 of them.  The most recent was from Family Search.
The email said that she had a relative who was ready for her temple work to be done.

Lois Dorsey

Apparently,  Great Aunt Lois was on our mom's side.   Kori told my mom that her dream was continuing in real life and "Great Aunt Lois" was making her presence known in email form.

My mom said, "do you think you would recognize her if I showed you a picture?"
Kori said  "yes, she has long black hair"
My mom showed her a picture of Lois Dorsey
And Kori said "yep, that's her."

Lois must have known that of anyone in our family, she could bother Kori because she was the only one of us who was sitting still enough to listen.

Consequently,  Gracie will do her baptism,  Kori and Mom will do the rest.

It's not the first time or probably the last, that our ancestors have bothered Kori to do their work.
We are so excited that this milestone is behind us and we are even more excited to see what will happen now that she is not being hindered


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, another great post, Kaci!!! Thanks for documenting the "Great Aunt Lois" story, it really is an amazing one. I hope it will be one that is passed from generation to generation in our family. I am so happy that Kori has reached this stage in her recovery, it will be exciting to see what happens next.