Friday, December 1, 2017

November 2017

 November started with Miss Kaleigh's 7th birthday.  She was so excited.  Her birthday was on a Sunday.  We had a little family party for her.  She made a birthday list.  She asked for a big kitchen, so she could have "a shop" (business).  Well......  sadly, big kitchens are $80.  And they are big and messy.  But, never fear, we found an alternative.  And boy, were we heroes.  Those three kids played "Ice Cream Store" every single day of the month.  And they got more and more creative with each new day.

She got to wear a SuperGirl cape all day on her "birthday celebration day" at school.  And she got to be the line leader and tell the kids when it was time to go to recess.  Her new classroom job is paper passer outter and her teacher says she is the best at it.  She takes it very seriously.
  Ice Cream Store
Birthday Dress


 Kindergarteners, we are finding out have the same homework from year to year.
So, we have been doing the same projects over and over AND OVER.
And we are getting over it.
The Disguise a Turkey Homework
was fun the first year with Peyton.
We solicited Nana's help to do KK's Turkey last year.
And....we totally forgot about Ryker's turkey.
We waited until the very last minute and we were in a panic.
So, Raleigh got to work.
He was in the zone.
Construction paper all over, glue sticks everywhere.

 I wonder if Ryker's teacher believed for one second
that he had anything to do with the creation of TurkeyVader?
Probably not.

Morgan was asked to be a Model for Kapten and Son's Watch Co.
The pictures turned out really well.
I'd buy one for sure.
Except they're pricy and I only wear plastic watches
that are waterproof and glow in the dark.
 Morgan, Allie and Raleigh got to go the the Cedar City Temple open house. 
They all said that it was beautiful.  Raleigh took this picture. 
Morgan took this one
Gorgeous


 Morgan is trying to convince me to go walking with her at night.  I know that I need to, but it is SO cold and I am realizing that as I am getting older, my bones hurt more and more every year when it is cold.  I am so glad that we don't live up north anymore, I would be miserable.  I can barely handle it when it gets down into the 40s.  Anyway, this night we bundled up and walked briskly.  Maybe we can be more accomplished in March.
 Our wonderful principal, Mr. Staheli had a vision. 
He decided that he would create a Week of Wonder.
All week,  the kids did service projects and collected
food and clothing.  
There was a special assembly and then the kids ran 
out onto the field and made the words
Choose Kind
while a drone took their picture.
Then....  they all got t-shirts and 
they got to go on busses to the theater
to see the movie, Wonder.
Such a great week for them

I really love this kind girl
                                                
Family Pictures 2017
We DID ask Quincey and Vince to join us, but they were busy and
Brayden and Crysti moved to Murray last week.
Brayden got transferred to an America First Credit Union up North.
And I am so excited for him that he is having an adventure.

Anyway, it was just the 7 of us this year.

 Ryker almost 6
 Kaleigh 7
 Peyton 8
 Allie 15
 Morgan 18
 Dad and Mom
I love the background and the colors.
They are not the best pictures we have ever taken,
but the color is breathtaking!!
It's so "Southern Utah" and we didn't have to
trudge through the cow field this year.




 This year on Thanksgiving, Kami and Kori went to their in-laws houses.
And my big kids went to their dad's house.
And so it was just Ma and Pa and Raleigh and Me and the little kids.
 We decided that we would take it easy and we went to 
Chuck-a Rama for dinner.

Morgan was mortified that we did this.
But, it was really fun.
We only stood in line for one hour.
The food was delicious.
And there was NO clean up. 
It's the way to go, I am telling you. 




                                                       Do we look sad or embarrassed?
I say "NO. We. Were. Not"

Black Friday Morning.
Raleigh and I woke up early and went to the gym.
And then we went to Home Depot and bought a couple pieces of wood.
Because we felt like we needed some new Christmas Decor.
And Raleigh searched online and found a couple of projects to work on.
 He worked so hard and I cheered him on.


 And everything turned out SO CUTE.


Ryker was the scientist of the week on the Monday right after Thanksgiving.  We worked all weekend getting his project ready.  Raleigh went over to the school at 10:00 and helped him present it.  He looks so darling in his lab coat and goggles. 
We were not sick one day of November.
I just have to mention that. 
That is thrilling. 
We had the greatest month.  I especially loved the FIVE days that we had off together.  I just loved waking up every morning and knowing that we didn't have to be anywhere and nothing was expected of us.  We went on several dates this month.  Many more than we typically go on and those make me SO happy. 
I am LOVING my new calling.
I am so happy that we are almost half way finished with the school year and we are almost all the way finished with KINDERGARTEN.  
Kindergarten is so hard.
I just love my family and I am so blessed that I get to go through this life with them. 
I love that I get to be so happily married and feel so loved every single day.






3 comments:

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

so super fun. such a wonderful family

Anonymous said...

I am so behind in reading your blog for this month. But, of course, it did not disappoint! I love being reminded of what happened during the month of November and I especially love all the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. It was a great month!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I think Raleigh should go into the Christmas craft making business. He could make a bundle at those craft shows!!!