Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 2018

 We started off February with beautiful Saturdays in the 70s.  We took the Christmas Lights down--finally.  And cleaned out the cars.  Morgan, nothing less than insisted that we go on a family hike.  We hadn't seen the Anasazi Petroglyphs yet, so we packed a few snacks and headed out to Ivins.  The hike was easy and not very long.  It was perfect.











I HATE --- strongly dislike Tom Brady.
Everyone knows that. 
I HATE ---feel sorrow every time they cheat and
make it to the Superbowl.
I HATE --- can hardly stomach watching Superbowls
that they are in.
But, my mom wanted to have a party anyway 
and she promised that she would bring bow tie pasta.
So, I reluctantly agreed to attend.
However, I felt compelled to make a traditional
"I think Tom Brady is Gay" T-shirt.
Because I truly think he is.
He is for sure freakin' weird.
But, he gives off a major gay vibe and I need to let it be known
that I have impeccably accurate "gaydar"
I have only missed ONCE in my whole life.
 I know that he is married to a Supermodel.
But,  the bottom line is, it's a mutually beneficial relationship.
I am confident there are certain understandings in place
that make that marriage work.
We combined our party with a birthday celebration for Kori
Her 44th.
A living, breathing miracle she is.
 The teenagers played Phase 10 VERY LOUDLY
 Kami and Brent rebelled against the Eagles by wearing
their Vikings apparel.   They were SO bitter, they had the 
audacity to cheer for the Patriots.  Like legit traitors.  

 Periodically, our boss comes into town and pops in to the office.
I think the intention is to get connected and on the same page and
give us valuable information.  But, for some reason, it turns in to
hours and hours of meaningless discussions ranging from topics like...
"what is your favorite St. George restaurant?"
or
"would you rather?
to
"what can I buy for you that would make you really happy 
or rather more productive in the work place?.....  
a see thru fridge for all of your sodas....  done."

Oh and "wanna go bowling?"
Or "wanna drive my Bentley?"

Well....  I don't want to offend him.
 It was only slightly nicer than my Maxima.
With the exception of it didn't rattle every time I turned left.
It didn't start shaking when my speed went over 23.
And there was NO black smoke to be seen any where.
People think we are sisters

 Valentines Day is so frustrating.  When 3 children are expected to create a masterpiece
out of a box to put Valentines in.  Children.  And heaven help them if they are not on point that particular day with their creativity and are unable to construct an acceptable box.
Parents have to step in and save their children from humiliation.  Some children have 
mothers who don't have jobs and are able to spend countless hours purchasing and
procuring the perfect Valentine Collection Box....  
by coping someone else's idea that they found on Pinterest.
Our kids.....  have their dad.
And he worked for an entire night.
With determination
He's so awesome.
And they are so lucky to have him.
We all are.
 When I arrived home from work on Valentines Day, I found that my house was literally 
filled with people.  Raleigh was making a delicious dinner.
My mom and Morgan were making cupcakes.  
Quincey was visiting.
The kids were sifting through their boxes.
It was a fun night

 Parker sent roses from South Africa again....
What a good boyfriend.
The next day,  Raleigh and his BFF, Brian took Ryker golfing. 
He had the best time.

 Later that night, we all met at Anasazi for dinner.
I love that place.   I cook beef on a rock like nobody's business.
 Morgan was waaaayyy too happy to be at our work event.
 Poor Ryker, needed a haircut and Quincey was out of town.
So, Raleigh took him to Great Clips down the street.  
And THIS is what happened.
The worst haircut I have ever seen/paid someone for.
And the poor kid had to walk around with it for two whole days
waiting for Quincey to get home.
 Finally....
She even brought him a sucker.
And then I talked her into cutting 
Kaleigh's hair

 And Allie's too.


 February was a bleh month.  Raleigh caught my sinus infection.  ONLY his was so way worse than mine.  He was really sick for a long time.  He had fevers and a terrible cough and a really bad headache.  I felt sorry for him.  He never lost his sense of humor.  He never wavered in his duties.  Dinner was made every single night and he went to work and made us all feel good. 

Work for me was hard this month.  We brought on 5 new homes, one right after another.  I am SO happy about the growth,  it's exciting.  But, it is hard.  I was tired.  One day, I was trying to make up a couch bed for a photo shoot and it wouldn't fold up correctly.  After fighting with it for 10 minutes, I decided to climb up on it to use my body weight to budge it.  Well....  it budged.  And I went crashing down and my head hit the back of the couch really hard and jammed my neck.  And I can't be sure, but I think I got knocked out for a sec.  Because I was completely disoriented.  And two weeks later, I am still jacked up.  I needed another injury like a hole in the head. 

I have enjoyed all the prayed for rain that we have received.  And the one day of snow.  That was a very fun day. 

It was fun to see some of our friends this month.  Brian brought his kids to our house.  Our kids call them their cousins.  They love them and love when they come to visit. 

It was a good month, but we are ready for Spring. 

No comments: