Every year.... and I mean every year since I can remember, we all go to lunch on New Year's Day.
The last few years, we've gone to Sakura and we sit at the Hibachi.
This year, Kami and Brent were in Arizona on the 1st, so we couldn't go.
We waited until the 6th and lumped in celebrating Kami's birthday and Brent's birthday.
It was so fun... as usual and this time the food was exceptional.
All of the girls opted not to have soup and asked for double salad.
Our waitress brought us salad bowls bigger than our heads.
We had our FAVORITE chef, Johnny who said
"where were you guys on the 1st? I missed you"
How fun is that?
Haha.... I was told that I couldn't post the above picture
by my mom. I don't know why... we all look so good.
So I initially cropped her out to respect her wishes (see below).
But, by golly.... dad looks cute and we need to document these
memories. So I color edited it so that I wouldn't get in huge trouble.
When we got home from dinner, I found my 5 kids like this....
Saturday Night.
Teenagers playing Clue with the little kids.
It made my heart sing.
How did I get so blessed to have such good kids?
Parker is transferring from Molweni, where he's been
for the last 9 months to Lesotho this week.
We are DYING.
Lesotho is FOUR hours from the mission home.
It is it's own country, which probably makes it subject to different laws.
It's horribly unsafe.
Up until now, he's been in safe areas and we haven't had to worry too much.
Welllllll.......
Here he is saying good bye to his favorite man.
This is Baba Duma.
Of him, Parker says
"He's the only member in his family.
He walks 3 miles to and from church every week and is always on time.
He always magnifies his calling and puts others before himself.
He is the kind of guy that if he has something to give, he'll give it
even if it means he has to go without.
He sacrifices so much to be a member."
We received a very heavily prayed for letter from Parker
from his new area Lesotho.
It is said to be a dangerous place to serve.
It has a high poverty rate, crime rate and VERY high
HIV/Aids mortality rate. Most of the adults only live to be 40.
Prince Harry has an orphanage in Lesotho that is home
to all of the children whose parents have passed away from
that terrible disease.
Needless to say, we have been a nervous wreck.
We didn't know if we would hear from him.
Morgan called Elder Williams, a boy from our ward who
just returned from SA, so she could get all the details
on Lesotho. I think he may have lied to her so she wouldn't be scared.
We are happy to say that he is near the capital.
A safer part of the country.
He has access to internet.
And he has really cool companions.
This picture below is their chapel.
It makes me feel so blessed to get the privilege
of being able to live in America.
This lady LOVES him and tries to hug him a lot
Here is Garrett with his 3 newest baptisms.
He looks SO cute and grown up in this photo.
Our Stake Young Women had their High Adventure Weekend
this month. Since it was announced, Allie has said she wasn't going.
My girls, all of them have debilitating night time anxiety. They cannot
sleep anywhere, but home. They don't have sleep overs. They can hardly
go to their dad's. I enable them of course, and tell them they don't have to go
if they don't want to. Mostly, because I don't want to get the call at
2:00 am to come get them on the snowy mountain.
She went back and forth as the YW leaders kept trying to
talk her into going. Finally, at literally an hour before they were leaving,
she committed.
She went. And had a wonderful time.
And she discovered that she is a natural skier.
1 hour in lessons and she was a natural.
Look at how darling these girls are.
I am so glad that she went and survived!!
The 100th day of school was this month.
Which means a couple of things...
1. We are well over half way through the school year.
Which brings me so much joy, I cannot even express it correctly.
2. First graders have to dress up like 100 year olds.
KK had all kinds of ideas.
And talked to me about them over and over.
I do not love dress up days at all, as you all know.
But, I didn't want to burst her bubble or kill her school spirit.
So, we woke up extra early and started transforming her.
I don't know what she thought was going to happen.
But....
She started getting more and more agitated with
every change we made to her.
Each thing that I put on that was not fashionable or
made her look silly or... was NOT FASHIONABLE upset her.
She started saying things like.... the kids will not be happy with this dress....
the girls will be confused why my hair isn't curly and down....
the kids won't say my outfit is cute.
In Other Words...
My fans will not be okay that I am not dressed to KK pefection
and I will let the entire school down if I show up looking like
this, as they have grown accustomed to looking to me as a beacon of fashion knowledge
and there is a certain expectation that I must uphold.
And this get-up in'nt gonna work for me.
I saw her secretly rubbing off the drawn on wrinkles
with a make up remover wipe.
She unrolled her rolled down socks.
She hid her cane under my bed.
She took off the head scarf.
And the shawl.
And...
by the time she reluctantly posed for this picture, nearly everything had been removed
And as I was driving away from the school after dropping her off,
I saw her sitting on the stairs, by her classroom taking out her curlers and
putting them in her backpack.
Please, dear children...
If you don't want to dress up for dress up days,
I will be SO FINE with that.
Don't think you are going to hurt MY feelings.
PLEASE. for the love. Let's get on the same page. Finally.
I don't know what you do at your job???
But I get to go to mansions up in the hills of Stone Cliff
and take an elevator to the basement of
the biggest home I have ever been in
and bowl with my boss and all of his golfing buddies.
I swear, how is it that I get paid to do this stuff??
I wish I had known we were going to bowl however,
I might have chosen a slightly different outfit.
I love this picture of Allie.
She is stunning.
So, I have a sinus infection and it sucks.
The other day, I bent over to put my hair in a ponytail and
something in my head popped and water came gushing
out of my nose. That was awesome.
I have had a pressure headache for 9 days now.
My teeth ache.
And my ears are so plugged up, it's altering my
ability to make sound decisions.
I can hardly remember a time when my ears weren't ringing.
Also, I wake up from deep sleeping and I am confused.
Because of the incessant, unbearable ringing...
The other night, I woke up and
I thought the house was on fire and so
naturally, I burst out of bed and took off my pants.
It seemed like such a good idea at the time.
I suppose it's nice to know how I would react
in the event of an emergency.
Don't run save the children.
Don't gather meaningful items.
Don't call for help.
No....
Hastily disrobe.
When your ears are ringing...
It makes sense to fight fires in as
little clothing as possible.
Morgan is having some stomach trouble, so
I made her an appointment with the doctor.
And I told her I would pay her $50 if she
would lie to the doctor, and fake symptoms to get
me a prescription for an antibiotic.
She wouldn't do it.
What a wimp.
January traditionally is the WORST month of the year.
It's cold.
It's boring.
Nothing cool ever happens in January.
The most uncool thing of all of course is
The STUPID Patriots are in the Superbowl again.
Which means only one thing...
I have to make yet another
"I hate Tom Brady" shirt and wear it
to a Superbowl party that I am NOT excited about at all.
He's so disgusting.
And Gronkowski is literally dumber than a bag of hammers.
If I have to listen to him in another press conference,
I will vomit. I can't stand them.
Anyway January...
I can't lie, I am glad that it is FINALLY over.
I am so ready for Spring and I am ready to get on with
more exciting stuff.
We have some exciting stuff coming up.
Let's get on with it.
The 100th day of school was this month.
Which means a couple of things...
1. We are well over half way through the school year.
Which brings me so much joy, I cannot even express it correctly.
2. First graders have to dress up like 100 year olds.
KK had all kinds of ideas.
And talked to me about them over and over.
I do not love dress up days at all, as you all know.
But, I didn't want to burst her bubble or kill her school spirit.
So, we woke up extra early and started transforming her.
I don't know what she thought was going to happen.
But....
She started getting more and more agitated with
every change we made to her.
Each thing that I put on that was not fashionable or
made her look silly or... was NOT FASHIONABLE upset her.
She started saying things like.... the kids will not be happy with this dress....
the girls will be confused why my hair isn't curly and down....
the kids won't say my outfit is cute.
In Other Words...
My fans will not be okay that I am not dressed to KK pefection
and I will let the entire school down if I show up looking like
this, as they have grown accustomed to looking to me as a beacon of fashion knowledge
and there is a certain expectation that I must uphold.
And this get-up in'nt gonna work for me.
I saw her secretly rubbing off the drawn on wrinkles
with a make up remover wipe.
She unrolled her rolled down socks.
She hid her cane under my bed.
She took off the head scarf.
And the shawl.
And...
by the time she reluctantly posed for this picture, nearly everything had been removed
And as I was driving away from the school after dropping her off,
I saw her sitting on the stairs, by her classroom taking out her curlers and
putting them in her backpack.
Please, dear children...
If you don't want to dress up for dress up days,
I will be SO FINE with that.
Don't think you are going to hurt MY feelings.
PLEASE. for the love. Let's get on the same page. Finally.
I don't know what you do at your job???
But I get to go to mansions up in the hills of Stone Cliff
and take an elevator to the basement of
the biggest home I have ever been in
and bowl with my boss and all of his golfing buddies.
I swear, how is it that I get paid to do this stuff??
I wish I had known we were going to bowl however,
I might have chosen a slightly different outfit.
I love this picture of Allie.
She is stunning.
So, I have a sinus infection and it sucks.
The other day, I bent over to put my hair in a ponytail and
something in my head popped and water came gushing
out of my nose. That was awesome.
I have had a pressure headache for 9 days now.
My teeth ache.
And my ears are so plugged up, it's altering my
ability to make sound decisions.
I can hardly remember a time when my ears weren't ringing.
Also, I wake up from deep sleeping and I am confused.
Because of the incessant, unbearable ringing...
The other night, I woke up and
I thought the house was on fire and so
naturally, I burst out of bed and took off my pants.
It seemed like such a good idea at the time.
I suppose it's nice to know how I would react
in the event of an emergency.
Don't run save the children.
Don't gather meaningful items.
Don't call for help.
No....
Hastily disrobe.
When your ears are ringing...
It makes sense to fight fires in as
little clothing as possible.
Morgan is having some stomach trouble, so
I made her an appointment with the doctor.
And I told her I would pay her $50 if she
would lie to the doctor, and fake symptoms to get
me a prescription for an antibiotic.
She wouldn't do it.
What a wimp.
January traditionally is the WORST month of the year.
It's cold.
It's boring.
Nothing cool ever happens in January.
The most uncool thing of all of course is
The STUPID Patriots are in the Superbowl again.
Which means only one thing...
I have to make yet another
"I hate Tom Brady" shirt and wear it
to a Superbowl party that I am NOT excited about at all.
He's so disgusting.
And Gronkowski is literally dumber than a bag of hammers.
If I have to listen to him in another press conference,
I will vomit. I can't stand them.
Anyway January...
I can't lie, I am glad that it is FINALLY over.
I am so ready for Spring and I am ready to get on with
more exciting stuff.
We have some exciting stuff coming up.
Let's get on with it.






No comments:
Post a Comment