Saturday, March 25, 2023

January 2023

 Jaunary is a rough month every year.  
It seems like it takes 3 months for it to end. 
It's hard to take holiday decor down.
Our house looks naked and sad with our tree gone and the lights off the house.
There isn't anything exciting to look forward to, no days off, no trips, no visits from family.
Raleigh thought we could pep ourselves up by changing up our bedding.
We have never given any thought about our bedroom. 
No one sees it but us, so why care?
Nevertheless....
I came home to a new comforter and new pillows one day.
The comforter is SO fluffy and warm and it's a little heavy. 
I swear since the heavy, fluffy blanket arrived, the two of us have 
not had a bad night's sleep.  We close our eyes, fall instantly asleep
and wake up to our alarms.  It is without a doubt, a magical blanket. 
I typically have at least 10 nights a month where I wake up at like 1:30 and
lay there, looking at the ceiling, thinking about all of things I have to do 
tomorrow, thinking about all the things I forgot to do yesterday, stressing...
Making up new problems, stressing about my new problems.
But for a solid month.  NO!
It's the weirdest thing! 
I totally sleep through the night.
No stressing.
No thinking.
Just really good sleeping.

Our room is cozy.
Good job, Dada.
Uncle Jamie and Aunt Amy were called to serve a mission
in London.  
They left the first part of January.
We are so jealous that they get to live in London for two years.
We are planning a trip to visit them there in the Spring of 2024.
Man, touring London with Jamie as our guide...
We will probably get into a ton of trouble.
He is the most exciting individual I have ever known.  He is the person we all wish we could be, but are to scared to be it.
He will probably just do what he always does when we go places with him....
"Here," he'll say, "Follow me.  Walk confidently and with a purpose.  Act like you belong.  
Don't hesitate.  Don't look nervous."
And then he'll walk right into like, Buckingham Palace like he owns the place and start 
eating their food.  
Raleigh and I have been with him two different times when he has just waltzed, confidently and assertively into an event, and helped himself to the buffet.  He doesn't think a thing of it.  And he doesn't get caught.  No one questions a thing.   Rals and I are the whole time, dying.  Just waiting to get arrested OR WORSE....  busted and called out in front of everyone.  
The good news is, he's an attorney, so he'll be able to get us out of any trouble.  And it's the most  fun to tell the story after it's over and you're home... safe.  

Allie and Kate send me pictures of their fun adventures randomly...
even if it's just them sitting on the couch or driving in the car.
pretty girls
Mom, I am so bored.  Can I get your mashed potato recipe?
I love her.
I had some really good experiences with them this month.
They make me laugh and I love that they call me and ask for help with random things.
I have been blessed to get to meet some new people this month.  People who are unexpected new friends.  
It's super good.  
I am glad for new opportunities and experiences.  Especially when those opportunites and experiences cause growth.  I like the growth I have been able to gain.  I am grateful when things happen to me in preparation for me to get to help someone else.  What a thrill.  

ALL Ryker wanted for his birthday was a suit.
We tried to discourage him.
He's only 11.
He will have to wear a suit for his whole adult life, so enjoy this time you don't have to.
But, he insisted!!
He is so excited to be a Deacon and participate in the ordinances of a Deacon.
In his mind, a good deacon wears a suit.
We agreed.
Raleigh ordained him.
It was the most beautiful blessing I have ever heard 
in my entire life. 
I don't know how people pray like that. 
It is truly a talent.
But, I was bursting with pride at his calmness
and composure.
He is my greatest treasure.
How did I get so lucky?
We had our quarterly KPI reward party.
It was a game night on a very dark rainy night.
We were in one of our most beautiful homes.
Game nights are NOT my thing.
I am so bad at games,  I am the least competitive person I know and it isn't very fun for me.
Imagine my surprise when I drove home with $60 bucks of winnings in my pocket.
I added my winnings to my "shoes" envelope.
I am raking it in.  I love saving extra money.  It's the greates feeling.
All three of our kids were able to go to the temple in January to do baptisms
which is truly a dream come true.
It was 10 degrees in Cedar.
They loved playing in the snow and stopping for treats afterwards.
January started the season of all three of our kids being dropped off at the church on Tuesday nights for YM and YW.  That was a vision that I tried to see in my future 11 years ago.  I tried, but just couldn't imagine it at that spectacularly chaotic time of my life.  
Well...  here we are, we did it and it is better than I could have ever imagined... the happiness of it all.
Rals and I drop them off at the church, then we go get cookies at Crumbl and then swing back and pick them up.
Joy of Joys for sure.




Ryker is learning all about our country's history.
He tells us about events in the 1700s.
He dresses up in uniforms and presents his history reports.
What a cute cadet

We wrapped up January with a fabulous, snowy day.
I worked in my windowless office, but Raleigh kept
sending me pictures of the beautiful scenery from his window



January was super typical...
31 days that felt like 300.

I promised that I was going to report on something that I have been working on, but
turns out I am still working on it and it's taking a bit longer than I thought it would. 
I will crypticly report on it, leaving out specific details.
I was challenged last month, to take on a HUGE project. 
I was spectacularly reluctant to accept.
I am far from confident in myself and my abilities.
In almost everything I do in every aspect of my life, I lack significant amounts of self confidence.
I always second guess my abilities before I even begin and often don't want to try because I don't want to fail.  I think I have missed out on a ton of experiences in life because I was too scared to try.  


I was super nervous because it could have a variety of vulnerable outcomes.
It also had potential to make me look...  um.... not so great and everyone would know about it.
I thought about it for about a week and then I just gritted my teeth and started.
But NOT before I prayed for several days. 

I prayed to be brave.
I prayed for the courage to try.
And then I just jumped in and got started.

For a solid two weeks, I vulnerably put myself out there, while other people watched and listened.
It could have gone one of two ways.  And much to my surprise and TOTAL relief, it went the good way.
And instead of looking like a chump....  I looked rather the opposite. 
I would pray at the beginning of every day, knowing that I was going to do __________ today.
And I would say, "I would love to ask for help in THIS area"....  and then I would state specifically what thing I needed and then by golly, that thing would happen.  Just the very thing I needed to make the thing go just as I needed it to go.  I couldn't believe it.  It was the most amazing experience.  
It has been full circle repair for my soul for things that happened to me in 2018 and 2019 and 2020.  
It is a result of a TON of hard work I did 3, 4 and 5 years ago.
It is an opportunity to reap rewards that I never thought I would get to reap.  
Anyway.... like I said, it is still playing out, but it is looking good and I have had a ton of fun!!

Even though January was kind of a bust.  This experience did wonders for my self esteem and made me feel so happy and valuable.  But best of all, I know my Heavenly Father loves me.  
What is literally better than that?
NOTHING!!!
And I could not have needed it more and at just the right time.


No comments: