Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think the we would be 30 days into June without seeing the temperature go above 99.
That is simply unheard of.
I was able to leave my windshield shield nicely folded in the back seat of my car every single one of those 30 days and when I would go get in my car, it felt warm for sure, but it didn't feel like I was sitting in an oven.
This bizarre weather phenomenon was just one reason to celebrate June 2023!!
Speaking of strange phenomenons, in the month of June, I finally got my portfolio busted up... Meaning that I went from being over 240 homes and homeowners to 125 (for now and steadily growing).
I can't describe the immense relief and the dramatic mood shift this caused in me.
I felt the burden lift almost instantly.
My counterpart is a guy I have known for years.
We worked together at Best Buy 16 years ago and we are pretty good friends and work well together.
He is knowledgable and assertive and is quite the squeaky wheel. In other words, he is bringing things to the attention of our superiors, that I was just suffering in silence with. He isn't afraid to shout from the rooftops all the things that crazy SUCK about our jobs and all the ways we need to get busy working to fix them and make our jobs so much easier. I feel so lightened by the fact that it only took him 8 days to start saying things like "this freaking job sucks so bad and if we don't start making serious changes and educating people soon, I am going to lose it."
For a solid 9 months, I have been thinking it was just me that couldn't quite get a grip on things, but he has come in and quickly determined that it is very much NOT me and very much other things that are making it seem so stressful. Once he got into position, changes to policies started instantly taking place. But more than that, I found my courage again. I know what I am doing and I do it well.... but I just needed some reinforcements to help me to be brave enough to start speaking out.
We have made incredible strides and we are only getting started.
My whole entire mood has completely changed.
My anger has all but subsided.
I haven't felt this grounded and at peace in YEARS.
I actually like being at work now.
It's so much fun, still stressful, but so much fun.
More on this later. But aren't these darling?
I was literally the most excited person in the entire ward for the upcoming Line Dancing Night.
I could not wait to break out my cowgirl hat and go Boot Scootin'.
My little millenials were less than jazzed
But me, I couldn't not wait!
I had the best time. I was so sweaty and I got the best and most fun workout I have had in
a country minute.
I want to go again so badly. But Rals will not take me. It's not his jam apparently.
He DID however take me to Anasazi for our FIFTEENTH wedding anniversary.
I have never been married for fifteen years before.
I have never been so happy.
Last year on our 14th anniversary , I thought, I don't know how things could get better.
I am so happy and happily married
how could I ever be more in love than I am right now?
To my utter dismay, I am SO much more in love than I was a year ago.
How is that possible? How does it just keep getting better and better each year?
Our ward had a Saturday Girls Day Camp.
I cried when I heard we had to give up an entire Saturday and
do bonding games and go to the lake and do get to know you activities.
I was not thrilled.
But, like it always does, it turned out to be okay and I have
good memories
The following week, Rals volunteered to go to Young Men's Camp.
And it's a good thing he did.
He was so helpful and handy to the leadership and they loved having him there.
While the boys were gone, the girls ate really good food and went shopping and watched
cute movies every night.
I was in charge of the late June combined activity
I asked Kris Horton if she would be willing to come teach a water color painting class.
She said YES!
I was so excited and so were the girls.
I was so pleased with the turnout and the response.
Everyone loved her as much as I do.
The girls sat at the tables and chatted away with each other and really
tried to be creative and expand their knowledge.
I think it was one of the most successful activities!!
Mom came and helped us too and I couldn't have done it without her help.
This is Ellen. She is in our class and she doen't get to do too many of the activities.
I was SO happy to help her get to participate in this one.
She tried so hard and was able to make a darling watercolor flower.
In the month of June, we celebrate 4 birthdays, 3 anniversaries and Fathers .
It is a crazy month
I also am experiencing some more health things.
I had to have my throat scoped and I will also have to have a swallow test done in July and hopefully won't have to have surgery to fix my problem.
But I am so annoyed by the reprocussions of this disorder, I might welcome a nice repairative surgical procedure.
Such a great month. I cannot believe the difference a change in processes and therefore attitude have made in my life. It has made all the difference in like every way possible.










1 comment:
YAY!!! For ALL of this!!! So many great things have happened and are happening!! It's a wonderful life!! You are blessed beyond measure!!
Post a Comment