We started October off by taking our youth to the St George Temple Open House.
We only had about 70% of them.
And there were 53 of them.
That is incredible. The volunteers could not believe our group was that big.
The kids were really well behaved and it was a super fun night.
I felt lucky that it just worked out that MY kids were the only kids in my car on the way home,
so we stopped off at Swig and got some really yummy drinks.
It was very warm this night. It isn't supposed to be this warm in October
One of the girls in our class had to have surgery to remove a tumor from her brain.
We learned that she had had her surgery right before Young Women started.
So during our class, we talked about what we could do for her that day.
I suggested we could try and throw a basket together and take it over to her.
With what we had at our houses, given that it was a Sunday.
I had the basket and a brand new beenie and a brand new pair of socks.
The girls kept showing up one by one with THE CUTEST things I have ever seen.
The basket ended up being the greates basket!!
I don't think it would have been any better if we had thought about it for two weeks.
I love these girls
My freaking sister.....
They got invited to go to a Vikings Game in Minnesota.
Instantly jealous.
Not because of the Vikings, but because the Vikings were playing the Chiefs.
NOT ONLY THAT THOUGH....
Which is bad enough
But.......
those freaking freakers sat with
ANDY REID'S WIFE and were on the freaking sidelines.
I swear...
I couldn't even be happy for her I was so sick with jealousy.
Rals and I took a quick trip up North because his best friend's daughter
was leaving on her mission and her farewell was on Sunday.
It was the weekend of the Solar Eclipse.
So it took us 1 1/2 hours longer than it should have to get there.
We listened to the Susan Powell podcast and even though the trip was longer
thank it was supposed to be, we were thoroughly entertained and had a very
deep conversation for a couple of the hours.
We met Allie and Kate at Riverwoods Mall for dinner.
They had just been at a Horse Show, where Allie bought a horse.
What???
She has some money to invest and this is what Kate's dad does.
So, they dressed up and Allie made a purchase.
We went to dinner and had hands down one of the best talks ever.
I loved every bit of this night.
And every bit of these girls.
Raleigh had fun connecting with his friends
on Sunday. They are so funny when they get together.
They are going to Pebble Beach next month.
They have been planning it for a couple of years.
I think they will have so much fun. I only hope they will humble
themselves enought to take pictures of their adventures.
I am not counting on it though.
Then we met the kids at a bagel shop.
It was SO fun to see Brayden.
He is SO authentic and funny and says the funniest things in the funniest way.
He also makes me feel so good about myself.
I love him so much
Papa had a big birthday this year
80!!
He looks so good for 80 and he is active and cute.
I love him so much too....
We celebrated at Zupas and then we watched him open presents
while we ate a cake that looked like a pumpkin.
Ellen wanted to have an activity in her backyard.
She decided to have a movie night in our PJs.
Her dad did what parents do and worried that no one would come.
but our girls love her, of course they wanted to be there.
Total support. She was so happy.
Miss Peyton shocked the heck out of us and made the Honor Roll.
Raleigh talks to her every night at dinner about her classes and she
always has some sort of excuse for every bad grade.
I was blown away when she sent me this.
I guess she is a last minute, pull herself together type of girl.
I had my hemotology appointment this month.
My levels are the best they have ever been since May of 2022.
292
No heart attacks or strokes for this girl, this month.
They have finally figured out my meds.
PS.... permanent injection track marks on my left arm.
So.Many.Blood.Tests
I have also been finally diagnosed with yet another unpleasant contition.
Esophageal Dysmotility
with Tertiary Contractions.
This is the reason for the problems in my esophogus.
I am just thrilled it isn't Esophogeal Cancer.
But, it is ANNOYING none the less.
I am miserable almost every day.
I pray everyday that my body will figure out how to heal itself.
But, unfortunately I think it is here to stay for a while.
I am now very prone to pneumonia.
Looking forward to that this winter.
Raleigh bought me a breathing device that I can put menthol
packs in to breathe into my lungs to hopefully prevent illness.
Ward Trunk or Treat for introverts= total uncomfortability for 2 solid hours.
We decorated our truck and sort of dressed up appearing like we were participative....
But inside our heads, we were in social hell and wanted to just go home
SO BAD.
People are just SO weird at ward parties.
They come up to you and say the weirdest things because
no one feels comfortable
Raleigh's company sent him a $10 GC to Amazon.
Okay.
He spent it on a cupping device.
I don't know why.
I don't know what athletes use cupping for.
But I am not okay with my kids cupping.
Nevertheless, they think it is the coolest thing in the whole world and
they will come in every night and show me their latest wounds.
Another Tuesday night activity, we took the Young Women to Staheli Farm.
It was actully really fun.
I even liked the corn maze.
Our leaders
We finally finished our dining room wall.
It's cute. It looks cuter in person for sure.
I really like it though.
Well.... Halloween.
Not my favorite day of the year by far.
But, now that all of my kids are grown, it's not as bad.
I bought a super cute shirt that I will wear every year for the next 10-20 years
so money well spent
People at my work, on the other hand, did things like this to themselves
And some of them won $100 and some $50
My cute girls looked like this
My little kids looked like this
And my lover and I like this
And just like that another October has come and gone.
I cannot believe it.
Long days, short months/years is the best way to describe my life.
I had some emotions this month.
Some events that I will keep to myself, but caused me to have huge reflections.
I appreciate life lessons that keep happening to me to make me stop and ponder life.
I am grateful for help that I have received this month to figure a few things out.
I am beyond grateful for my parents who give me unending support.
My husband who loves me every minute of every day and makes me feel like I
am the greatest person on earth.
I am so grateful for Allie and for her cute personality and hysterical sense of humor and for her
love and support of me.
For Brayden who just loves me, but more than that has come to realize how hard adulting is
and has expressed appreciation to both of us for what we tried to do as young parents with no clue.
I don't deserve all of the blessings that I/we receive.
But I do love being content with our life.





No comments:
Post a Comment