We started September off with a blue moon.
I was expecting something amazing and maybe if we had a telescope, it would have been better.
We set ourselves up with snacks and a tripod.
Over the mountain it came.
Whah Whah Whah.....
The photos from the professional telescope were much more impressive
Kaleigh bought some shelves at Ikea for her book collection.
After she got them all set up, she felt like she was missing some decor.
She drew this.
I think it is amazing.
She has so many quiet talents
We participated in a multi-stake car wash for our local
first responders.
There were at least 300 kids there working hard/hardly working
but having so much fun
September 1st is the signal that it is time for Fall decor to come out.
We watched the Utes play while we set it all up and it felt very "Autumn"ish
even though it was still 98 degrees outside
We also decided to re-do the dining room wall
We had to rip the current decor off and I don't know why we thought it would be flawless
and easy and not cause any problems
Many problems were caused.
Raleigh stood staring at the wall with his arms folded, not saying a word
for like 8 minutes.
Finally, I said.... what are you thinking?
He said... I am trying not to cry. I don't know how to fix this.
We threw the boards up anyway
And then we stopped working on it and he did some research.
When I came home from work on Monday, he had the wall built back up
and he was ready to paint.
We have a little bit more to do to it, but it was still not complete at the end of the month.
Also, we are planning to go up North in October and I want to hit Hobby Lobby before
this project is finished...
Next month, I will hopefully get to post results.
We toured the St George Temple during the open house
It was as gorgeous on the inside as it is on the outside.
I love the changes.
I love the carpet in the Celestial Room.
I LOVE the super white door frames and the chandeliers
We stood under this tree the day we were sealed.
I loved us A LOT that day....
But, I love us SO much more today.
Like, I never dreamed I could love us this much.
My Patriarchial Blessing literally says...
On the day that you are sealed, you will find that your happiness
has just begun. Never were truer words spoken.
The Hyde kids and Scottie came over for dessert on Sunday
And she loved Peyton so much
The Mia Maids went bowling
This is the greatest group of girls.
They are so nice to each other and equally fun to be with
Ellen and I were an amazing bowing team
I love how she is so happy and adapts to whatever activity we are doing
September was SO emotional for me.
I had some really huge things happen at work that stretched my coping skills
and forced me to get an education that I didn't really want to get.
Working with Airbnb is the most frustrating thing in the whole entire world.
Especially when one is trying to get money from them.
I cried several days because there was so much pressure on me to fix things.
My boss and I had to have a couple of strongly worded conversations with unpleasant
people who yelled a lot and said unpleasant things to us.
His confrontation comfort zone is equal to mine if not more inclined to
run screaming. He hung in there with me. I could not have done it without him.
But nevertheless, I sobbed through my whole year review which was supposed to be on the
1st but kept getting moved due to the chaos I was enmeshed in.
When I finally was able to get in a good headspace to have a one on one,
I fell apart and finally let go of all of the pent up stress I had been under.
While my bosses just looked at me.
I was such a disaster that I declined the raise they offered me.
Who does that?
Why would someone do that?
The greatest thing about my life is... no matter the total crap that happens
at work, the second I walk in the door of my house, it disappears.
I am able to let it go and just enjoy my home life.
I was never able to do that at my other jobs...
it never ended or stopped. It was a 24 hour thing.
But now, I can just come home and love being home with my family and I know
that the mess will still be there when I go to work in the morning, but I am okay to
let it sit there and stay there.
That is the greatest blessing.
I am excited for fall weather and the rest of the year which is my favorite.
Happy Holidays






No comments:
Post a Comment