Last year about 4 days before Morgan's birthday she got all lippy with me. I got right in her face and said with meanest mom face "don't you ever talk to me like that again. You are only 9 years old. Who do you think you are? I brought you into this world and I can take you out." And she squinted her beady little eyes at me and said... "I'm practically 10."
I rolled my head back and laughed hysterically for a good 20 minutes at her feeble attempt to be grown up and sassy. And for a year I haven't let her forget the ridiculousness of that statement. I will say "Morgan, I need your entire room cleaned by the time I get back from the store and I know you can do it... because you are practically 11." Or I will say "take the dinner out of the oven, it's an easy task for someone who is practically 11." And the other night, she wanted to go to the Beehive activity and said "Morgan... you are practically 11 not practically 12"
Well, tomorrow she will be 11. And this has been quite a year for she and I. We have come to many understandings of each other. She had an enlightenment that has changed her for the good. She is my smartest child... both book smart and street smart. She is a 20 year old in an 11 year old body. And she will be my best friend one day, I just know it. But probably not until around the time that she is practically 19.
PS... the boy in the last picture on the right is "Scotty the Hottie" the love of her life. Oh...he sat in her chair at the table and he touched her hand when he handed her present to her and now she can't wash that hand.
5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet Morgan! Her party looks really fun and the cake is adorable...I love it and HER! Scotty is a Hottie, for sure!
Happy Happy Birthday Morgan! That cake is beautiful! Did you make it? Please tell me you didn't, or I will be so jealous of your cake decorating skills (for sure not one of my talents). On the other hand if you tell you did make that gorgeous cake then we for sure probably need to be best friends so you can help me with my cake decorating:)
Morgan sounds like a cute girl with a fun spunky little personality. I bet her and my Brilynn (she will be 12 in September) would be great friends. Her party looks like lots of fun and I think Scotty is a Hottie too:)
Are all Morgan's built with the same attitude. J/K. My Morgan is my oldest. Love the cake and love the posts about food storage. I am two weeks behind now though. I have some catching up to do. Lots O Love.
I am glad we were able to be there for part of Morgan's birthday. The cake was so cute. It was tasty too. I had some for breakfast the next morning. And Scottie really became a hottie when he started performing his gymnastic skills. Wow! The boy's got talent. He will have a great body one day, however he will only be about 4'8". Sorry, Morgan you are going to tower over him soon.
Happy Birthday dear Morgan!! Sorry we could not be there to celebrate with you. Savanna will be extra sad she missed it. We miss you and love you.
Post a Comment