Monday, April 5, 2010

Greetings from the South

As I packed up the car on Friday afternoon to begin my vacation, there were 3 inches of freshly fallen snow on my driveway. It was hard to pack Springtime clothing... but I did. Needless to say I am so happy that I threw my sweatshirt in last minute. First thing Saturday morning... and I mean first thing. We gathered at the SHAC to watch Dad, Brent and Uncle Dee participate in their first triathlon. We were all a jitter. We didn't know what to expect... but it was so much fun and so exciting and all be darned if they didn't come in third place.
Next, we bolted over to Garrett's double header. Good thing I brought that sweatshirt and several blankets. But he won both games and had a wicked steal at second base. It was fun.
From there we visited the Art Festival. We looked at all the beautiful Navajo artwork and all the paintings that we would never purchase, even if we were millionaires. The highlight: eating a funnel cake and seeing Aunt Tiffanie and Uncle Craig and their girls. But you have to say you attended. Ya know?
We went to Red Robin from there. Mom took a picture, but Raleigh and I look like we weigh 400 pounds each and so I will not post it. Because this is my journal and there's no reason to have that in there. But it was a jolly good time and so delicious.
Then the boys got all pretty and went to the Priesthood Session. Don't they look Dapper? Yes, Brayden, listen well to the prophet when he talks about appearances... PLEASE???
Easter Morning bathtime.

"Oh... that smart Easter Bunny, he found me at Nana's House."

Peyton in one of her Easter Dresses. We bought three or four, I think.

Hey... this vacation is just getting started... stay tuned.

6 comments:

val said...

i need your email kace!
val.bateman@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Fun weekend...a perfect one for you guys to visit. It was great being together for all of our events. Peyton is the cutest baby
EVER...she's so happy and congenial and just the very best waver!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Karen Carter said...

WOWOWOWOWOW I just got your comment and am thrilled!!! You guys are amazing! And yes I will be praying for you big time! I cant explain why I feel so happy like it is my very own family! Thats a good thing! Hugs to you all and so happy your Easter was wonderful! Auntie Sophia

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

That was a lot of entertainment crammed into a short amount of time. But it was sure fun. That little Peyton is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. I really can't get enough of her.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Well it looks like your off to a good start on this vacation of yours. I'm really looking forward to getting to go to lunch with you all and I can hardly wait to see Peyton in person. She is to die for. Every picture of her I just want to kiss her! Way cute!

See You Soon!!!

JoLynn

Chelsea said...

Ok, how cool that your family did a triathalon--something on my list! And I didn't even recognize Brayden! Has it really been that long since I've seen him, he's so grown up. Such a stud, even with that long hair (my husband used to go through those phases where he LOVED having shaggy hair too!). And ok, Peyton is such a yummy little thing, I just wanna hold her. I love all of these pictures of her!! Dang, when are we gonna see you guys again?