Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It was fun while it lasted

We are bidding farewell to the baritone sax. It's been in our lives for four years and now it must move on. We have new focuses. More important things. Drivers permits, bmx racing, golf team tryouts, friends, summer jobs and girls. There is no more time for "the horn." You were good to us. You are very large. Good bye.
Now if we could just bid a fond farewell to that ridiculous hairdo, then I could start taking the boy places again. I will pay someone, anyone... $20.00 to sneak into my house in the middle of the night and shave it off. Any takers?

Oh how I long for the good ole days... Remember the Preppy Boys of the 80's? All HOT and clean cut with their skinny ties and EYELINER. Oh my my.

9 comments:

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Oh, so sad! That is a huge thing to have to haul around. I bet he could have huge muscles if he kept that up. However, a golf bag is just as big. Good luck with all of the upcoming adventures.

Anonymous said...

I love that Brayden has a musical gene and I hope he will continue his music in some form in the future (I wish he would play the violin!) Anyway, about his hair...I, too, love the preppy look and I hope it returns soon but until then, I just hope Brayden will keep his hair trimmed, clean and neat looking. When he starts playing golf he'll have to keep it short so he can see the ball. Right?

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Kaci,
I can take care of the hairdo for you! I even have my own set of clippers!

Russ

Karen Carter said...

I think that boy could not be any more handsome and I LOVE the hair! I promise he will cut it one day but for now he looks like he could be on the cover of any teen magazine! and I LOVE how baby sis is sitting by him so proud! Darling...

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love this picture of Peyton...honestly could she be any cuter or more photogenic?? I think NOT!!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Remeber Kori's BIG-A Harp mom use to have to haul all around. Who thought THAT was a good idea??
Well See ya big horn! Not sure you will be missed.
Super funny picture of Bray and Pey...they seem so happy touching the horn!
I for one like the hair...although I prefer clean-cut, smooth faced boys...Bray somehow pulls it off and is still as cute as ever!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're right Kam...I forgot about that harp...man I was a good mom! I'm sure Bray hauled around his own horn, he's such a good (and cute, I might add) boy!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Well somethings just have to come to an end! Besides it is off to bigger and better things. Right?
Now about his hair-as a mom I totally understand what you mean about wanting a nice short little haircut however, I have to tell you that I think he looks very cute with it! So just embrace it-as my mom always tells me this too shall pass:)

Oh and I love this picture of Brayden and Peyton. Too cute!!!

Take Care!
JoLynn

Kaci said...

Remember Mom's BIG A van that she hauled the harp around in. The same van I had to learn to drive a stick shift in. Yeah not embarrassing