I must start by apologizing for my bad attitude.
I have slept for 16 hours in the past 9 days.
I cannot breathe at all.
I have to sleep sitting up.
And I have a tiny, knobby knee wedged ever so violently under my right rib cage.
And I can't be certain... but the bottom rib (which is my favorite one by the way) may either be bruised or broken.
Having said that...
Here it is:
My husband and I work very hard for our money (as I am sure you do too)
Every hour that we are at work is an hour we are not with our children or each other.
And so because of that I go raging lunatic insane when I feel that I am being robbed of my hard earned cash.
Last night, I experienced one of the biggest financial nightmares in Utah's history
And I feel I have a duty to inform as many people as possible before they make the irreversible mistake that I made. And also publicly apologize to my my relations for involving them in our bad financial decisions.
My sister, Kori and her family came up from St. George to spend UEA with us. I wanted them to enjoy their vacation and so I tried to think of an activity that the whole group could enjoy. I thought, considering the season, that
Cornbelly's of Thanksgiving Point
would be a fun family filled adventure for all.
You have two options and two options only at Cornbelly's
1. The NON HAUNTED version for $10.95 which includes activities like hayrides, a huge bouncy pillow, a corn maze and other Harvesty celebrations
Sounds fun for the little kids right?
2. The HAUNTED version for $15.95 which includes all of the above cutesy things plus haunted houses and a haunted maze.
The big kids will like this.
So, we go and we buy tickets for all the kids (to the tune of $110.00).... of our hard earned dollars. Planning all along that the four of us adults would walk around and maybe sit on a bench or two for free while our children had the time of their lives making memories amidst the seasonal atmosphere.
But.......... to the shock and horror of us all, the girl at the ticket counter informs us that there is a general admission for EVERYONE entering the Cornbelly's gates of $10.95 whether you participate in a single venue or NOT.
Let's just say for demonstration sake that you are
A. 27 months pregnant
B. Have a 14 month old who is conked out in her stroller
C. Never, for one second intended to jump on any DAMN pillow or induce labor on a country corn hayride or (even if you could)... crawl through any corn maze
YOU, my friend still have to pay $10.95 to walk on the stupid grass
and watch all the people harvesting it up with, to be honest, really, really lame attractions.
NO WHERE NEAR worth 10.95 and NO WHERE NEAR 15.95 FOR SURE
(On a side note: Even Seven Peaks Water Park has what they call a spectator pass for situations such as these where you can watch your loved ones indulge while not indulging yourself)
Well.... I wanted to have a come apart on the girl and the manager she referred me to because I don't think I should have to pay one thin dime to walk on beaten down grass. What we should have done instead is drop the ungrateful and whiny children off at the overpriced and underimpressive ridiculousness called Cornbelly's of Thanksgiving Point and then we should have taken our $10.95 and watched a MOVIE or gone to get an 8 oz steak somewhere... thus getting
SOMETHING FOR OUR MONEY INSTEAD OF ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF ANY QUALITY.
I know that some people had a good time. Like for instance the family who had the two children under the age of two (thus making them free)
or all of the stupid BYU coeds on their stupid first dates acting stupid on all the kiddie rides or maybe the two gay gentlemen holding hands on the train
But, that was it
because it for sure wasn't us
Although we pretended we did.... for the sake of Mom's Blog and recording this night of monetary horror.
Please don't be fooled by the following photos. We are NOT enjoying ourselves. We are simply trying to make the most of the
BIGGEST RIP OFF IN UTAH

I have slept for 16 hours in the past 9 days.
I cannot breathe at all.
I have to sleep sitting up.
And I have a tiny, knobby knee wedged ever so violently under my right rib cage.
And I can't be certain... but the bottom rib (which is my favorite one by the way) may either be bruised or broken.
Having said that...
Here it is:
My husband and I work very hard for our money (as I am sure you do too)
Every hour that we are at work is an hour we are not with our children or each other.
And so because of that I go raging lunatic insane when I feel that I am being robbed of my hard earned cash.
Last night, I experienced one of the biggest financial nightmares in Utah's history
And I feel I have a duty to inform as many people as possible before they make the irreversible mistake that I made. And also publicly apologize to my my relations for involving them in our bad financial decisions.
My sister, Kori and her family came up from St. George to spend UEA with us. I wanted them to enjoy their vacation and so I tried to think of an activity that the whole group could enjoy. I thought, considering the season, that
Cornbelly's of Thanksgiving Point
would be a fun family filled adventure for all.
You have two options and two options only at Cornbelly's
1. The NON HAUNTED version for $10.95 which includes activities like hayrides, a huge bouncy pillow, a corn maze and other Harvesty celebrations
Sounds fun for the little kids right?
2. The HAUNTED version for $15.95 which includes all of the above cutesy things plus haunted houses and a haunted maze.
The big kids will like this.
So, we go and we buy tickets for all the kids (to the tune of $110.00).... of our hard earned dollars. Planning all along that the four of us adults would walk around and maybe sit on a bench or two for free while our children had the time of their lives making memories amidst the seasonal atmosphere.
But.......... to the shock and horror of us all, the girl at the ticket counter informs us that there is a general admission for EVERYONE entering the Cornbelly's gates of $10.95 whether you participate in a single venue or NOT.
Let's just say for demonstration sake that you are
A. 27 months pregnant
B. Have a 14 month old who is conked out in her stroller
C. Never, for one second intended to jump on any DAMN pillow or induce labor on a country corn hayride or (even if you could)... crawl through any corn maze
YOU, my friend still have to pay $10.95 to walk on the stupid grass
and watch all the people harvesting it up with, to be honest, really, really lame attractions.
NO WHERE NEAR worth 10.95 and NO WHERE NEAR 15.95 FOR SURE
(On a side note: Even Seven Peaks Water Park has what they call a spectator pass for situations such as these where you can watch your loved ones indulge while not indulging yourself)
Well.... I wanted to have a come apart on the girl and the manager she referred me to because I don't think I should have to pay one thin dime to walk on beaten down grass. What we should have done instead is drop the ungrateful and whiny children off at the overpriced and underimpressive ridiculousness called Cornbelly's of Thanksgiving Point and then we should have taken our $10.95 and watched a MOVIE or gone to get an 8 oz steak somewhere... thus getting
SOMETHING FOR OUR MONEY INSTEAD OF ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF ANY QUALITY.
I know that some people had a good time. Like for instance the family who had the two children under the age of two (thus making them free)
or all of the stupid BYU coeds on their stupid first dates acting stupid on all the kiddie rides or maybe the two gay gentlemen holding hands on the train
But, that was it
because it for sure wasn't us
Although we pretended we did.... for the sake of Mom's Blog and recording this night of monetary horror.
Please don't be fooled by the following photos. We are NOT enjoying ourselves. We are simply trying to make the most of the
BIGGEST RIP OFF IN UTAH
Please, please, please do yourselves and your family a favor and do not fall for what you may think will be a night of Halloween Happiness. In reality, it is simply... a GIGANTIC waste of money. Thank you Mr. Thanksgiving Point for luring all the cute families of Utah to your super LAME attempt at a good time.
It is worth $5.00 AT BEST!!
IMO
8 comments:
Man that is a bummer! I'm sorry that you had to spend ALL that money for nothing! That totally stinks!
For Heaven's Sake Kac, I thought I had taught you how to express yourself better than this! I really wish you wouldn't hold back...just tell us how you REALLY feel!! Sorry for the RIP OFF, Kori told me she liked it and that her kids had a good time. All I can say is...Live and Learn...that's what this life is all about. Keep up the good work!
P.S. I do really think these are very cute pictures and all of you are doing a great job of not showing how miserable you are.
Amen. Mickey and I went once back when we started dated and it was an absolute rip off!!! And it wasnt even that cool.
First of all I have to agree with you. Second of all I think Raleigh is the creepiest pig I have ever seen in my life.
Wow- tell us how you REALLY feel. My kids had fun and I got some really cute pictures. I totally agree that it is WAY over-priced for what you get, but we had a good time sitting on those logs that cost $10.95 to sit on.
Thanks for the fun weekend. It is always fun to see you all.
I love your emotion. I love how you tell it like it is. I totally admire that. I am glad you went and then posted how fun it wasn't. I was seriously thinking of going, but WOW!!! 10.95! Ouch. We to both work and work hard for our money and I don't spend it easily. I would like to try the haunted forrest again. But ya know, I have become a big chicken in my old age. LOL!
The pic of those boys in the "cool bus" is priceless! I'm just sayin...And dont get me started on that baby. Like Steve tells me when I stress about money "Its only money we'll make more" Love ya Sophia~
Post a Comment