So... the Lunds have a paper chain in their bedroom. It's links count down the days from Black Friday to Christmas day. It is not a happy chain. It is counting down the days until "it" is over. Retail has killed the holidays for Raleigh and me. We dread them. We are not nice people during them. And we are exhausted.
Raleigh has been sick for going on six weeks now. I have been in birthing recovery mode and go to bed at 8:00. We both leave for work at 4:30am. He drives VERY slowly behind me on the unplowed road called highway 73, otherwise known as "hell's highway" to make sure my "California raised" booty makes it to work safely.
We've eaten the 50 piece nugget meal from McDonald's at least 3 nights a week and Little Caesar's the other days because we can't/don't want to go to the store to buy healthy food because there are people there. And people remind us of customers.
Well... this week marks THE END. And tonight I am preparing for the next five days of festivities and fun and joy.
Tune in for a day by day... play by play of the "Lund's Finally Getting to Enjoy the Holidays" five day extravaganza. I hope it's as fun as I think it's going to be.
Raleigh has been sick for going on six weeks now. I have been in birthing recovery mode and go to bed at 8:00. We both leave for work at 4:30am. He drives VERY slowly behind me on the unplowed road called highway 73, otherwise known as "hell's highway" to make sure my "California raised" booty makes it to work safely.
We've eaten the 50 piece nugget meal from McDonald's at least 3 nights a week and Little Caesar's the other days because we can't/don't want to go to the store to buy healthy food because there are people there. And people remind us of customers.
Well... this week marks THE END. And tonight I am preparing for the next five days of festivities and fun and joy.
Tune in for a day by day... play by play of the "Lund's Finally Getting to Enjoy the Holidays" five day extravaganza. I hope it's as fun as I think it's going to be.
2 comments:
Well...let the good times roll!! I'm so happy you'll have a few days of Christmas Cheer, everyone deserves that! As a person who is very familiar with the retail side of Christmas, I know exactly where you're coming from and I don't miss is a bit. My hope is that next year all of this will be a distant memory.
I hate how commercialized this beautiful season is. If only everyone could focus on what Christmas is really about.
I'm looking forward to reading all about your festivities!
Post a Comment