And I read the card. Three lovely words were written. Penned by my Lover. And they made me feel nice inside.
I enjoyed the decadent smell of Love that filled my room all day long. And I loved looking at them. They made me feel so happy.
Raleigh got home about 5:00 and I welcomed his arrival, as I was preparing dinner. He hugged each of the kids and made his way into the bedroom to take off his work clothes.
And then I heard it...
Loud, angry, disgusted yelling erupted from the back bedroom. He was yelling. Something he NEVER does. He was angry. Something is NEVER is. He was disgusted too. And he bursts into the kitchen waving the card from the bouquet. And there was hostility in his expression.
"Thinking of you?"
And all night long I teased him by breaking the silences with "hey, hon... are you thinking of me right now?" or "still thinking of me?"
And he would in a bad mood voice respond "always" or "yup." He was clearly saddened.
And I began thinking... what's wrong with thinking of you? That is a nice thing for a wife to know, that she is being thought of. I was pleased with the words because it wasn't like he sent me flowers because society and their stupid holiday forced him to. It was like he sent me flowers because he thought of me and just wanted to.
And sadly... the holiday is gone and I will never know what was on MY card because my beautiful, life changing words went with some other girl's flowers. "Thinking of you" is a spectacular thing to say to your wife... and I loved that it was said to me but until I can convince him to rewrite the sonnet to me word for word, with lots of exclamation points, I am just going to have to imagine what the words were
And luckily for both of us... I have a WILD imagination
Let the lovin' begin
2 comments:
Just saying, "Thinking of You" is so sweet but that he had a beautiful sonnet for you just melts a girl's heart. SO sweet!
O man I can understand his frustration. You have a great man.
Post a Comment