Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Boys Day Out

I am not a fan of girl's trips or boy's trips.

Here's why... IMO... they're selfish!!

They're selfish because... we both work hard!  We both change diapers, we both work a lot of hours, we both don't get much sleep,  we both clean up messes, we both feel stress and frustration.  So, I have a hard time saying to Raleigh...

"I need a break, so me and the girls are going to go lay by the pool and sip lemonade and laugh and get our nails done and rest while you pick up MY slack.  You've worked just as hard as me, but I feel that I am more deserving than you of a break and so now you must work doubly hard so I can go off and not work at all...  thanks!!"

What I really want to do is go lay by the pool and sip lemonade with HIM!!

I don't know if Raleigh feels as passionately as I do on this subject, but his actions say he does because he doesn't go on them.  In fact, he hardly goes anywhere.  If any boy deserves a boy trip.... it's him... but he declines every time.

So when his "boys" set one up, his first response to them was...  "No, sorry, I can't go."  But as the time approached it just so turned out that the "boys trip" was taking place in the exact town of his NEW RESIDENCE.  And since I was working all day anyway and it was his day off anyway and the big kids are on Summer vacation anyway... he tagged along for ONE of the three days.

Unfortunately...
36 holes of golf

In Mesquite, Nevada
In August
Does NOT a happy boy make...
So, this one may be his last for a while...   Sorry Lover

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I disagree with almost everything you said about boys and girls weekends. All of us need a break every now and then. We can't take care of our family if we don't take care of ourselves every once in awhile. It's not admitting that we're weak it's just taking a break to rejuvenate our spirits and then when we return to our family, we're so happy to see them and we can go on for a little while longer. I know you would rather spend a weekend away with your husband but sometimes that is just impossible so a girls or boys weekend, or even DAY, can be very helpful. If you take turns then it's fair and you each give each other a little gift.

I know this is something you've never done so before you knock it, you should try it!!

Kaci said...

Ouch!!! Wrecked

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Hmmmm.....Well....I have to say that I read this post and felt the EXACT same way! I also have to say that Brian and I don't really do girls or boys weekends. Not that I've never been away without him and not that he's never been away without me, just that we feel like you do that we'd rather go and do something together and get away than to go away alone with the girls or boys.

However, with all that being said...after I read Nancy's comment I totally could see where she was coming from and what she was saying and I most definitely thinks she's right that we have to and need to take care of ourselves.

So now I'm going to say that I think there is a time and a place for all of us to have some down time with the girls or the boys. I think I just prefer it to be a day thing and not a weekend BUT on the other hand maybe it's okay for it to be a weekend thing as long as it's not all the time.

Wow...I sound pathetic...don't I? Hmmm...maybe I need more sleep or something. Or maybe I need a girl's weekend? :)