I was such an unbeliever at the beginning. Every day Raleigh would come home and find me in tears, stressing over what a bad idea it was to move and how every thing was going to be a mess. Our life was good and I have always lived with the philosophy of "if it's not broken, don't fix it." And it wasn't broken (or so I thought) and so I could not figure out why there was a need to shake things up and cause unnecessary turmoil. In my mind's eye... I could not see how it was going to work. Raleigh would calmly, patiently and quietly talk me down off of my daily ledge. And reassure that with faith, all things are possible. He is so good for me.
But since we have been here and I have witnessed miracle after miracle taking place, I have realized that change did need to take place on so many levels and I am so much more at peace with my life and it feels so right.
I smiled so many times this past week at the littlest of things that were huge things to me...
1. Harris died last Friday. And we knew that it was coming. He had really gone downhill in the last couple of years and when I saw him at Christmas, I didn't even recognize him he was so weak and feeble. His death was one of those deaths where you say "phewwwww, he is so much better off where he is now".
But the thing that made me smile was that I was able to attend his viewing with my family and all I had to do was drive down the street and there they all were. I just love being with them.
I love this statue at Spilsbury Mortuary. It tells us exactly how it will be and shows us how thin the veil really is. I loved meeting Harris' brother, Wiley. He was one of those people who you meet and ask yourself, why haven't I met him sooner? My life could have been that much richer knowing him. Sadly, that cute little man will go back to Texas and we will never see him again. But I smiled that I now know of him.
2. I smile that my little baby REFUSES to try to sit up. I smile because it's like he doesn't want to waste time sitting there, when he can be crawling instead. He is the only one of all of my children that crawled before he could sit up. But, it shows distinctly his personality... moving, happily on the go, places to be, adventures to have. He is so happy and content to do his own thing with no help from anyone.
And then as sure as I finished typing this post.......
3. I smile that we ran into Kori at Target and Mom at Walmart randomly. We just looked up and there they were. That makes me so happy to know that they are there in our town doing the same things we are doing. I love that they just stop by our house to "hang out" and they hold Ryker and take Allie to play. I love that we get to get together all the time. Raleigh decided tonight to host a Hunger Games Movie Night. And he called every one and invited them. And then he chose which treats he wanted me to make. Only my family will know how much it means to me that he loves them and wants to hang out with them.
| Morgan and friends made us some treats |
| Allie and Gavin are best friends |
4. I love that this is our backyard. And that I can say to the girls... go play at the park. And the park is in
our backyard and I don't have to worry about them. They are all fenced in. They love being out there and we can throw some great backyard parties.
5. I smile that Morgan is getting her braces on Wednesday. I loved going into Dr. Simister's office and having him remember me and having him want to get all caught up on what we are doing now. I love my kids in braces. I love their straight teeth too, but I love when they have braces on their teeth. It is so cute.
6. I smile at how I am grasping my job and solving problems and fitting in and making a difference. I love how my boss acts like I am saving the company every day. I love that they praise me when I do the littlest thing and treat me like I just worked a miracle. They tell me no less than 3 times a day how happy they are that I am there. I love that it all makes complete sense to me and that I get to wear cute clothes and all of my darling shoes. Working in an HR Department for 280 employees is daunting. But it has been really fun and it seems to be right up my alley.
7. I smile that Raleigh is loving his new job. I love that he is the new kid but they are treating him like he is a genius. I love that what I thought was going to be an awful work schedule has turned out to be near perfect. I love that he comes home and eats with us on his lunch breaks and how his boss has granted him whatever hours and whatever days off that he wants. It has to make him feel good to know that he is so appreciated after 3 weeks that he can just about do anything he wants to.
There are so many things that I have missed. And now I get to enjoy again. Who'd have thought??
4 comments:
It is wonderful to have you here. I am sure that these last few years have prepared you to really appreciate the situation you are in right now. It is fun to have you so close and I love being able to hold your babies anytime I want to now. I have really missed not being a part of their lives each week. I am glad that you and Raleigh are not only adjusting to your new jobs, but loving them also. It makes a huge difference if you enjoy what you do.
I am so happy to read this post. I a am so happy that everything is working out so wonderful for you. It's a reminder that prayers are answered.
Because your life is good, our life is good. I'm so happy about all the things you listed. Your move to SG really did just fall into place and with the exception of the blow out in Nephi (we can't forget that) everything has been great. I firmly believe it was "just supposed" to happen.
So glad everything is working out so smooth. You are a lucky gal. And you deserve it. ;)
Post a Comment