Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful...... November 11th

Last night, we were able to go to the temple and do some deeply personal temple work for some of our very favorite ancestors.  We were able to seal my mom to her parents and then we sealed her parents to each other.  As well as Great Aunts and Uncles and Great Grandparents.  It was a very emotional evening as we remembered our Grandma Lou and as we pondered how happy she would be with us that we had done this work for her. 

Afterwards, we went out to dinner.  And my mom told us stories about her family members.  I knew some of them and others were new to me.  The best part of the night, for me was when we got into the car and Raleigh said...  "I am so glad that we were able to do that, it was really fun."  It's so hard to express how much it means to me to have him say things like that to me.  I couldn't stop looking at him while we were in the temple.  I am just so blessed and lucky that I to get to be his wife. 

There is NOTHING better than being in the temple with the one you love. I always love him more walking out of the temple than I did walking in, if that is even possible. It was wonderful to be in there with our family.  What a great night for all of us.  Thanks mom and dad, for the experience and thanks for dinner too. 


I feel badly that Kami isn't in this picture.  She had to leave early to go pick Savanna up from a birthday party.  Raleigh is not technically in it either, although you can see him in the window behind my mom. 



It's November 11th......  and I am thankful for temples.

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What a very special time! I am so glad that you all were able to do this!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful night. I'm so glad we could all be together minus the "football junkie".