Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful........ November 25th

When you have three babies under the age of three you by default are a boring couple.  Throw in that you both work full time and FORGET IT.....  IT'S OVER!! 

I apologize to Raleigh all the time for his life.  "I'm so sorry"  I say  "that you don't get to travel or see beautiful places, or spend your money on clothing for yourself and that we go to Costco for fun.  I'm sorry that our couch has blue pen scratches on it.  I'm sorry that we share our bed with 1 to 3 children depending on the night and that our bathtub is filled with toys and that we haven't seen a movie in a theater since last November and I'm sorry it was Breaking Dawn."

And he responds....  (and I actually believe him).......  "you stop!!  I am the happiest man alive.  I am doing exactly what I want to be doing.  I spend my money on exactly what I want to spend it on, I LOVE sleeping with my babies,  I love bath toys.... especially the blue whale.  And we bought a microfiber couch so that we could get pen off easily.  Don't get me started on Costco, I am so happy when I get to go there and I'd rather lay in bed and watch a movie with you on Apple TV anyway." 

So that is what we've become.

  We get a thrill out of a trip together to Walmart and sometimes we go on Midnight walks after every one is asleep. We go on drives. We go get treats.  We roll around on the floor with the kids. 

We drive through the drive through and get dinner and come home and choose a movie that has just recently come out on video that every one else has seen, but we have not and we lay on the bed and eat ice cream or rice krispie treats. And we have to pause it and put someone to sleep.  Then we pause it and get someone a drink and sometimes we pause it and KISS.... and usually, his super exciting wife conks out before the movie is over and he watches the end by himself and has to turn off my light for me and plug in my phone. 


I love that he is just as excited as I am for The Good Wife.  And for the third season of Downton Abbey to start in January.  I love that he is excited to go to the Dickens Festival with me and that he indulges me when I want him to take pictures all the time.  I love that he is content to stay home night after night with me doing virtually nothing and yet makes it feel fun.  And that he has worked hard with me to make the most of our marriage with the best part being the promise of a LONG happy future that we are both looking forward to.  I cannot express the feeling of actually being excited to spend a long life with your spouse.  It's the greatest feeling on earth. 

I express my gratitude for a HAPPY MARRIAGE on this..... the 46th Wedding Anniversary of my Mom and Dad.  I hope if age and health permits me to, that I will be able to spend the next 46 years as happily married as they have been. 
 
It's November 25th...........  and I am Thankful for a good and happy marriage.

3 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love the simple things in life that makes us so happy. If you can live a simple life and love your life than you are truly in love and that is so wonderful.

Happy Anninversary to Jim and Nancy! Hopefully we can all be as happy as they are after that many years of marrisge!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

ME TOO! ME TOO!!!!!!

The Barton's said...

Here I go, I get so behind sometimes. I am so happy that you have such an amazing wonderful marriage. You deserve it. I really need to blog more. Have a Merry Christmas if I don't get back to you by then.