Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful........November 26th

As we were driving home from church today, Raleigh says "do you want to get the Holiday Decorations out?"  The thought was overwhelming...  but  "yes, I guess we should since this is your only day off between now and Christmas."

He was so excited he couldn't even wait to take off his church clothes.  This is why I love him so much. 
He brought our HUGE tree in that weighs 400 pounds
He got the big ladder out
Down came the Harvest Decor



Yay!! Let's do this
Quincey was a HUGE help
And Peyton took some pictures of us
 
We started at 2:00 pm.  We took a little break to eat.  We watched Home Alone.  I won a bet and the prize is a new pair of jeans (I hate that I am always right).  We cooked the homemade apple pie that they neighbor lady made for us.  We are as ready as we could ever be for Holiday Season 2012. 
We had a really fun night. 
 
Last year, when we were decorating, I thought...  next year, we will have a little crawiling baby helping us decorate and/or undecorate and I wonder if we will be in this house or another house....
 
How funny!!
 
It's November 26th...........  and I am Thankful for Christmas Decorations
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I was kinda hoping for some pictures of the finished product but I guess I'll have to come over and see it in person. I'm so happy that I can say that and that you only live 5 minutes away this year. I bet everything looks beautiful, as always. Happy Holidays.

Things aren't quite as great at our house...sections of the outdoor lights keep going off...a different section everytime we turn them on. Dad is having a come-apart. So now we are keeping them OFF until he can figure out the problem. Maybe we'll get them back on by Christmas Eve! Happy Holidays!

Kaci said...

I didn't say it looked good. I just said we had fun!!! Boo. I kinda miss the old house a little today

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm sure it looks beautiful. A house always becomes a home when its filled with the ones we love and has our finishing touches in it. With all of that I'm sure it feels like Christmas!

val said...

I officially love Raleigh. That photo of him in his church clothes, with a smile bringing the tree in...what a stallion! How fun.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I can't even begin to think about Christmas Decorations...the thought is completely overwhelming to me...it makes me hurt all over. BA-HUM-BUG!!
i wish I allowed others to help me with all of it...maybe it would be "fun". Maybe for Christmas I should ask for a much less anal personality??
Glad you had fun and can't wait to see the finished product!