And my mom said.... "honey, you will not forget to feed him... he won't let you forget. You just need to take it one day at a time. Or one hour at a time if that is easier. But I know that you CAN do it. And to be perfectly honest with you, it's too late to turn back now. He's here and he needs you. So pull yourself together."
Fast forward to today....... here I am.... 18 years later. And my heart is aching. And the anxiety attack that I have been having today is very different. I cannot believe that this day has come and how very quickly it has arrived. I don't want him to be 18. I don't want these years to be over. There is so much I didn't do. There is so much that I didn't say. There is so much that I forgot to teach him and more that I forgot to tell him.
I love him more than I could ever fully express. He is a fabulous son and a very good boy. He is kind and loving and tenderhearted. He is good to me and compassionate and thoughtful. He has been a joy to raise. I cherish every day that I have been privileged to be his mother. This is a very, very, extremely hard and utterly emotional day for me.
| The University of Utah Black Out Game on his 14th birthday |
| Pioneer Trek 2010... a HUGE accomplishment for him |
I could not be more proud or blessed. I know that I have known him much longer than his 18 years. I know that we were together before we came to earth. Our spirits speak to one another. And I am so glad that we have been able to go through this journey together.
Happy Birthday to my son who is officially an adult today!!!
It's November 6th.... and I am thankful for Brayden
4 comments:
I, too, love Brayden with all my heart. He is everything you said and so much more that you were probably unable to say because there are no words to express it. We are all blessed to have Brayden in our lives!
I remember how excited I was when Brayden was born. He was so cute and still is! You are a fabulous mom and he is lucky to have you. Happy birthday Brayden. How in the world did time fly by so fast?
Thank you for not having that stupid word verification thing on your blog.
Happy Birthday Brayden! I feel everything you said about how you felt 18 years ago and how you feel now 18 years later. Where does the time go? I hope he had a fabulous day!
Post a Comment