Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful....... November 8th

Without delving into highly personal matters too much, I will briefly divulge that in my Patriarchal Blessing it says that I asked for, or more specifically, bargained with the Lord that my parents could be my parents here on Earth.

This is MUCH LOVED information in our family because not only does it suggest that we were, in fact, together before we came to Earth, but it says that my parents were destined to be together.  That's beautiful!!!

My parents are my ROCKS.  I have always valued and sought their advice in nearly every life thing I have gone through.  I care very deeply about what they think of me and how they feel about me.  Their opinions matter a great deal.  I hope that I always please them.

They have been there for me in the best and the worst of times.    They were present for the births of ALL seven babies.  Through all of my surgeries.  Through my divorce.  They encouraged me to finish college.  They paid for college.  They put braces on my teeth and gave me everything a girl could ever want.  The list could go on and on and on.

Since we have been here in St. George, one or both of them faithfully come over to our house three days a week for 1-4 hours to watch our little kids.  My kids can't wait for them to arrive and every time they are leaving, Peyton will say...  "you're coming back, right?"  And they say...  "yes, tomorrow."

They love my children.  They let them know every single day that they have grandparents who love them and care about them as individuals.  They know everything about each child and take an active interest in each one.  They help me take care of them.  They help me love them.  It takes a village to raise a child,  they are a HUGE part of my village.  I love more than anything, watching them with my kids.  It makes me so happy.

They are kind, selfless, giving of all they have, spiritual, intelligent, forgiving, Christlike people who luckily for us, love their children more than any parents I know.  They have taught us how to be kind to each other and treat each other well. 

I don't know what I would do without them.  Obviously, I knew I couldn't go through this life without them.  I am so lucky, blessed, honored and proud that they are my parents.


 
It's November 8th....... and I am thankful for my parents


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a sweet message to wake up to this morning. A couple of weeks ago our R.S. President taught in R.S. and she mentioned that her daughter had written a nice post on her blog about her mother (the R.S. Pres). I thought...I wonder if my girls think I'm a good mom. It's nice to know that you do. Thanks for all the sweet words. Our reward is having wonderful daughters who we love with all our hearts. You have been a blessing to us beyond words.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

We really did luck out didn't we. this post could not have said it any better. Mom and Dad are as good as they come and I too am blessed that they are my parents. We must have done something right up there in Heaven to have been given this amazing gift from our Heavenly Father!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I think you are very lucky and very blessed to have your parents for parents! They are incredible and wonderful. I tell Brent all the time how lucky he is to have your parents for in-laws. I can only hope that my children are so very blessed to have a family like yours!