Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful.......November 21st.

Morgan is nothing like me and so I completely appreciate her.  She is driven to always be the best.  She has decided what she wants in her life and she will stop at nothing until she gets it.  She doesn't really care what people think of her or what she has to do to achieve her goals.

For example:  She's decided that she wants to be a pediatrician.  So she's mapped out her career plan.  First of all, she knows she will be in college for a very long time and she knows college will be expensive, so she applied (on her own) for a scholarship for 8th graders.

She knows that she wants to go on a mission, so she's factored that in to the plan.

She knows she needs to have perfect grades, so she meticulously maintains a 4.0 GPA.  She was at her dad's house on the last day of the quarter and her final paper was due that day, so she emailed it to her teacher.  Twice.  Then when she got back into town, she checked her grades and discovered that the teacher had given her a D.  She was beside herself and the next day, she stormed into the teacher's office to find out what in the world went wrong. 

"You didn't turn your final in."  The teacher accused. 
"Oh. Yes. I. Did!!!  I emailed it to you"  Morgan defended.
"Well, I didn't get it."  was the reply
Then Morgan insisted that she pull up her email in front of her.
And sure enough, there is was.
Morgan pointed to the email she'd sent and said  "there it is once.  And there it is twice."
And the teacher says "oh.... sorry."
CONSEQUENTLY..............

BOOM!!!!  Honor Roll
And Brayden supporting her being on the Honor Roll
And Ryker supporting Brayden supporting her
And.....

It's November 21st...................and I am Thankful for Morgan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Morgan...she sure is task oriented and determined and cute too! Maybe it's all that family support that keeps her on top of her game. Whatever the motivation, I know she'll accomplish all her goals! Good Job on the Honor Roll Morgan. We're sure proud of you!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That is so awesome! I very much admire people like Morgan! I try really hard to be like that but the truth is I'm just not this way and I have tried for nearly 40 years not to care what others think of me but I have yet to get this mastered!

Kaci you have some incredible kids! It has to come from the good mother that they have!

val said...

I just love your thankful posts. Please post daily in December too. Cause im sure you're not too busy. ;)