Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
 
We hope you had a lovely day. 
I hope I don't sound ungrateful... but I am so glad it's over
I really am not a big fan of the holiday season.
At least until RETAIL is out of our lives.
 
I am so glad to be able to get back to normal and start making money again
 
Here is what we did to celebrate!!
 We woke up early and cleaned our house in preparation for our Christmas Eve Fiesta
The girls and I made some sugar cookies

 And we put on our best holiday bows
 Nana came over early and started cooking
 Raleigh wanted to have an ugly sweater party.  I protested.  But I did say yes to Stupid T-shirts
 The kiddies opened their Christmas Eve P.J.s
 
 And I wish I could say that they drifted off to sleep with visions of Sugar Plums dancing in their heads.... But Ryker was cutting a few more teeth.  We drugged him up and he dozed off at about 1:30.  Raleigh went to sleep.  And I stayed up with Kaleigh who had an ear ache.  I drugged her up and she finally gave up at 3:00.  And she and I crashed on the floor.   Then Santa woke me up at 6:00 with the drill and I sat by Kaleigh in case she decided to wake up.  But she was thankfully out of it....


 See the sleeping child here on the floor with Santa in the background?  What are you gonna do?
 Peyton woke up at 9:00 and came out to see what Santa had brought to her. 

 And she tried a few things out

 Every one came back at 10:00 for crepes

 The girls took the jeep for a spin in the back yard
 Kaleigh checked under the hood
 At 3:00, we were over at Nana's opening MORE presents

And Raleigh and Brent topped the night off with a little Texas Sheet Cake
Right out of the pan
 
And that is that!!
Pheeeeeeewwwwwww.
Bring on 2013

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely MY daughter! I, too, am glad the holidays are over. It was a fun time but enough is enough! Thanks for all your help, with the hosting and such. You have a great party house. Now this morning we are back to "reality" and the stress of a VERY BUSY day at the Temple. If I can get through this day, I can get through anything...we'll see how it goes! Happy New Year...I LOVE YOU ALL!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

It was a fun filled weekend. Thank YOU for doing so much!! You and mom really out did yourselves with all the fun and food! What did we do before you moved back to town??
Love you!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It looks like your house was party central. Whoo...I'm tired reading about it all! I got to say I think I was supposed to be apart of the Little family. I too am so glad the holidays are over. Not to be mean or ungrateful but I too am so ready to move on. I'm done with all the festivities. Bring on 2013. 2012 wasn't all that great as far as we were concerned in our house so lets move forward.

SO heres to a Happy New Year!