The repair man was happy to come out and fix it....... on Monday.
So we turned on the misters and sat outside.....
Raleigh set up the tent for the moody, teenaged, princesses and they roughed it in the wild. On Saturday night, Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night because...... um....... apparently we have the most complicated air conditioning unit known to man and it took an unbearable 5 days to get it up and running. I will NEVER take 78 degrees for granted ever again.
I couldn't resist the temptation to snap some EARLY morning phots
And no matter how many times I pleaded they wouldn't sit up and smile.
In fact, the blonde, freckly one said some rather unkind words, which I will remember the next time she needs a ride somewhere.
In fact, the blonde, freckly one said some rather unkind words, which I will remember the next time she needs a ride somewhere.
The surest foundation
Is made up of stone
Ensuring a structure
Can stand up alone
Without it, the building
Would have no success
And would eventually crumble
To Earth in a mess
Our life foundation
Must be equally strong
To help us stay grounded
As we dawdle along
Success comes from admitting
We can't do it alone
So get out and find you
A rock, solid stone.
BOOM!!! Go ahead and throw your nonsense at me
I'm a survivor
Even with half of my brain melting into my brainstem
BOOM!!! Go ahead and throw your nonsense at me
I'm a survivor
Even with half of my brain melting into my brainstem
I am so over the moon to report, WE ARE DONE!!!!
Brayden's last day of school was today
He is a high school graduate
OH MY HOLY WORD
Even in the harshest of conditions
WE FREAKIN' DID IT
I don't want to do this again for two years
I don't want to do this again for two years
5 comments:
YAY!!!! I'm so excited for Brayden......and his MOTHER and, I might add, his GRANDFATHER!!! What a month this has been! I must admit, there were moments when I had my doubts...but only moments...for the most part, I had faith in all of you. YOU DID IT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!
Sorry that I didn't realize your AC was out for so many days but good for all of you for turning it into an adventure. Glad it got fixed cuz summer is here! However, Newport...here we come!
P.S. Very cute poem, I don't know how you do it!
I love that they slept outside in tents. Maybe they should do that more often.
SO glad Bray/you/papa and nana/Hydes are done with all the work and he is going to graduate! I am not sure I would have worked so hard to make that happen. You are WAY more sympathetic and compassionate then I am. :)
Wow, you sound like you've had a whirl wind of a month too! Congratulations to Brayden and ALL OF YOU!!!! We too will be ever so happy this next Thursday when Blake graduates. Keep your fingers crossed he passes his math final. Were on pins and needles!
Oh and your poem is really really good. Its so good you'll probably get accused again of plagiarism. You have some serious talent!!!
Glad your AC got fixed! That's terrible!!!
Yippee! Congratulations to Brayden, and his mother! I am so glad he was able to get through some of those terrible assignments. What an accomplishment though!
I am cracking up over the tent in the backyard. It really must have been hot for the two of them to share a tent in the yard. Funny! I am glad that the a/c is working again. I am LOVING the hot weather. Grant and I would be thrilled to have our home at 92 degrees...if only Russ and Garrett would go for it, but they are all hot blooded and stuff.
Post a Comment