Saturday, September 28, 2013

White Trash, Hairstyling and Homecoming

What a busy Saturday we had....  again...

It all began last Monday, when I accidentally acquired an off white, leather couch set.  I do things like this kind of a lot.  I get myself into situations, trying to help people out, and what really happens is I end up inconveniencing myself.  And I don't have the nerve or the ability to get myself out of it and I have to come up with a Plan B that will get me out of it.  Essentially, I had to pay $500 for the set.  We do not need a couch set.  And we DO need $500.  Blah....  I tried to be entrepreneurial and half glass full by thinking that I could sell the set for..... say..... $750 and make a few bucks.

Every year in September our neighborhood has a garage sale and everyone puts all their junk in their driveways and 300+ cars drive by and reject our "trash" and we want to flip them off.  Especially, when someone such as myself, absolutely MUST sell my crap because the very livelihood of my family depends on it and the hope of our basic needs being met, rests on some poor schmuck driving by and saying

"I want those couches and I will pay the exact amount that the lovely lady who lives at this house is asking,  I will not try to talk the price down, that would be rude.  I will pull the necessary cash from my pockets and allow her the opportunity to properly feed her overly large family."

What really occurred was every one in this town hates me.  And my UGLY couches.

I hope they will look good lined up in our bedroom along the walls.  Hmmmmmm......

 Quincey and her date, Kennedy left at the crack of dawn to go to The Narrows for their Homecoming Day Date.  The ENTIRE neighborhood was awake and outside to see them off.  It was a brisk morning.  They were excited to go hiking.

 Then around 5:00, Kami came over and did Quincey's hair for her for the dance.  It was not an easy feat as Quincey has very thick and coarse and curly hair.  Thanks to her dad.  But it looked gorgeous.

 Raleigh wanted to pose with her so he could relive the good ole days....  reminiscing his high school dances.
 Kennedy happily arrived with his black suit and coral vest and tie to match Quincey's shoes perfectly.
 Look at his intricately tied tie. 
 And he made the pinning all the more painful by wincing and moaning and telling her not to hurt him

They are cute friends and I think they will have a really fun time.  It's so much more fun to go with friends.  He has a cute personality.  I am happy that he asked her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quincey and Kennedy look cute and happy about Homecoming. I love his tie knot...very fancy. I'm happy that Kami was able to help Quin with her hair, I'm sure it looked darling. I'm sorry I missed all the festivities.

Not sorry I missed the couch fiasco. I hate garage sales.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I thought they looked so cute!...however I do feel bad that her hair wasn't as darling as the rest of her! :( Too much pressure for me...let's NEVER ask Aunt Kami to do that again!
I hope they has so much fun.
I am also glad I was not involved in the garage sale this year! YUCK! Glad you made $5 though!...that's like a dollar an hour. Sounds like you work for the city??

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Kennedy and Quincey looked so cute!!! And I think Kami did a great job on Quincey's hair! I do the same kind of things like buying couches that I absolutely have no need for just to be nice and then I end up getting the raw end of the deal all because I was nice. Errr....