Tuesday, December 1, 2020

November 2020

So.... I voted.
I have decided that this is the only leader that I will be able to trust or follow for the rest of my time here on earth.  Our country and our government have managed to become about as messed up as they possibly can.  
I didn't believe in either candidate.  I think they are both corrupt.  I think their constituents are corrupt.  I think our country is corrupt.  I can't control the liars and thieves that run our nation.  I am just little ole me.  Living in Utah.  So, in my weakened condition, I have decided to just live in MY little world and control what I can control.  As long as I am able to go where I want to go and worship how I want to worship and eat how and where I feel like eating, I am fine.  I think we are jacked up no matter who is in charge.  I decided to put my faith and trust in this man here.  If I follow him, I cannot fail.  
I don't have words for what occurred during this election, but it was typical of this unbelievable year.
Of course it was a mess.

Raleigh has clients all over the world and the other day, he was talking to a man who lives in Cape Town, South Africa and the man was going on and on about what a mess SA is right now.  His words were "It is shit here"...  and Raleigh said "well, you should see how it is in America."  And he said...  "Oh I know."
It is sad that we are saying that and that people are agreeing that we are in a disaster.
Help Us All.

November continued with football games 
This one in a downpour.
At least it was tolerable temperature wise, so it was fun.

My freezing child is a good footballer

Electrical

Kaleigh's birthday was our first November event.
Quincey took her to the salon for a manicure and a pedicure. 
Her first.
She liked having her nails done, but thought it was weird to have someone touching her feet.
She told us that she probably won't want to go there again, which is fine with me.  I was surprised that she didn't LOVE IT.   I thought it would be something that she would fully embrace.  But, she said it stressed her out and made her feel too weird.  Maybe she IS my daughter afterall.


She loves to have her nails polished
She still calls nail polish...
"PAINT NOLISH"
and I don't and will never correct her.
Quincey still says "calorganize" instead of categorize and I don't correct her because it's HER word and I love when she says it.

We had a little family party for her and at the last minute, she finagled inviting two friends to join us for cake and ice cream.  I agreed in a moment of weakness.  The friends invited other friends and sisters and before I even knew it, my least favorite thing in the world was happening...  we had a room full of screeching, chattering girls being mean to each other.
I was having some stress as it was, but the soiree threw me a bit over the edge and I had a little meltdown after it was over and made it extremely clear there would NEVER be a friend birthday party at our house ever again.   And maybe there would never be girls in our house again unless they belong to our family.
I am not a fan of girls.....  ironic since I have so many of them.
They are mean, jealous, petty, shallow and did I mention mean?
Sorry children.  I have some redeeming qualities, but a party host is not one of them.  A party thrower is not one of them.  A partier I am not.  I love you all, but you will not have memories like your friends do of wild birthday parties with loud games and extreme decor.  
However, SHE is to die for

A magical cake for a magical girl


Raleigh and I drove past the temple site on our way to our Saturday date (7th) and it was all set up for the Groundbreaking (the date was a huge secret because they knew if they let out that it was happening on this day and that Elder Holland would be there...  nearly the entire town would show up).  
As it was, there were hundreds of people in parked cars across the street.




This is so exciting because right now it is just a gigantic mound of dirt and I am so ready for some progress.  I am so excited to drive by every single day and see changes.  It will be so comforting to have a temple just five miles from our house.   How blessed our we?

Because this day was cold and rainy, we decided to just stay inside and set up Christmas.
Our tree is always so frustrating for me and this year was no exception.  I was yelling a lot and throwing mesh and ribbons everywhere.  Raleigh was sitting on the couch and every 20 or so minutes, he would say... "I am here and I am supporting you, but I don't know your vision and so I am staying over here and supporting you and cheering you on.... over here.
I'd yell back at him well....  I don't know my vision either, but I am pretty sure THIS isn't it. 

 I ripped it down and started over three times and my hands were all cut up from the branches and it smelled funny this year.  I have never noticed it smelling weird before.   I finally just gave up and decided it was good enough.  Then, on Sunday, when we woke up and it was raining outside and it was dark and we were getting ready for 8:30 church, it seemed so cozy and happy in our house and I started loving it.
I love the Sundays that we go to church.
It takes us 2 hours to get ready for one hour of worshiping.  
But, I am a different person on the days we get to go.
Raleigh gave the opening prayer.  He has a gift.  I love the way he prays.
I was so proud to be his wife.
A double Rainbow on this particular Sunday what a fun day.
This was the most clear and beautiful rainbow I have ever seen. 
The picture doesn't do it justice.
I took it as a sign to relax and enjoy the little things that bring us so much peace and joy.


That is definitely something that I can do.  It's so much easier than the alternative.  I am tired of the world.  It's chaotic and complicated.  The events are moving so fast and the craziness sneaks up on us so fast.  One day we are fine, the next day, we are wearing masks at church.  

This Saturday (14th), we decided to get busy feeling cozy and try hard to block out the world and focus on what's within our control.  I cannot describe the happiness that surges through my body when Raleigh gets in that mood where he researches homes decorated for Christmas on Pinterest (yep, I just outted him, he's a pinterest guy) and then makes a list of various projects we need to do and all the things we need to buy to compete with the Pinterest Folk.  It's pretty fun to browse the isles at Home Goods with him.  We purchased SEVERAL decor items.
For the past 7 Christmases, I have been wanting a tree on my porch.
Why I haven't put one out is beyond me.  It's not like it is an elusive wish.  I don't know what was holding me back.  Nevertheless, this year we made it happen and there was deep joy within.
The big problem is we have a mentally ill, white trash woman in our town who is a brazen Porch Pirate and she has discovered our surrounding neighborhoods and it's only a matter of time before she discovers ours.  She has NO fear.  She shops porches all over these parts in the middle of the day.  She parks in people's driveways and snatches up what she wants and puts the items in her car and drives away.  She looks right at the Ring Doorbells....  taunting them.  NO FEAR.  And why should she fear?
It's obvious the Police don't give two bits about her.  They are too busy pulling people over for going 38 in a 35.  
I am a stressed out mess now that this lunatic is going to discover my porch and take my stuff that I didn't spend an exorbitant amount of money on, but dang it, this decor means a lot to me and my happiness.  I KNOW that SHE doesn't deserve my stuff.  I know SHE didn't work back breaking hours at work to earn the little amounts of money it took to acquire these items.   Sure, I can replace them and I am a FOOL for putting things out there virtually unprotected.  But, I have always wanted a cute, welcoming porch.
If she comes in the middle of the night, she'll get away with it...  but if she boldly comes in the day, I pity her...  my husband will take her DOWN!!!





PURE HOLIDAY HAPPINESS


I have always wanted to live in the Home Alone neighborhood or something like it.  Where the homes are out in the boonies, but there is a little village in the middle of the neighborhood all lit up with cute lights. We have a park in the middle of ours and across the street for the last TWO years.... they have been trying to build a cute little village.  I don't know what the problem was.  It was taking so long, but we could tell it was going to be so cute.  
FINALLY they finished it.  
It IS so cute.
When I drive by it at night, it makes me so happy.  I hope it will snow one day this season so I can take a picture.

Three little businesses are in there so far.  A bakery, a cafe and an ice cream shop.
We had ice cream on this day

On the 20th,  President Nelson made a motivational video and challenged us to count our many blessings and post about them on our social media.  So many people took the challenge and filled up Instagram with messages of Thanksgiving and happiness and appreciation.  Because of the virus and the election there has been nothing but negativity in the media.  All of the sudden there was nothing but gratitude.  Everyone's attitude started changing.  I loved it so much.  
I had to post about our jobs.
Mine is a hard job, but it is so much better since I made the switch. 
I am so much happier and more fulfilled. 
I work in the most beautiful place.  I am so proud to work there.  
And of course, my Sam...  I am so blessed to get to work with her.
She makes me so happy everyday.
I also LOVE that Raleigh works from home.   I just love knowing that he is there watching over our house all day.  I love knowing that he is right down the street from the kids and can rush to them if they need him.  I love his office.  Its super cute and he is so smart.

Uncle Craig and Aunt Tiffanie stopped in right before Thanksgiving to visit and bring treats.  Tiffanie sat on the floor with the kids and played games and them Craig showed them how to Indian Leg Wrestle.
The kids told them all of their stories and brought them up to speed on their lives.
We are so grateful to them for loving our kids and for making an effort to keep us connected to the Lunds.



Thanksgiving morning, we woke up early and fired up the crepe maker.
Our crepes this year were divine.  I love this tradition.


Raleigh and I laid on the couch all day and gave each other massages and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I just love watching that, even though it is so hokey.  I love New York.  I love seeing it on TV and pretending I am there.  I love that everyone is wearing darling coats and cute boots.  This year it was raining....  1000% better.

Nana needed to use our oven because she was cooking SO many things and so Papa brought the Turkey over at 10:00.  We laid there in agony, smelling it for 4 hours.  We were both starving!!  I have never been so happy to eat as I was on Thanksgiving Day 2020.  The food was exceptional.  I could have eaten 4 platefuls.  I should have.  But I was saving room for apple pie and ice cream (my favorite dessert).

The turkey was perfect.
Looked like it does in movies.
Raleigh carved and ate while carving.
Quincey and Vince came
I have never met a couple that looks more like siblings than these two...



Raleigh and I had a FIVE day vacation.  FIVE DAYS!!!!!
It was the greatest five days I have had in a very long time.
We literally did NOTHING.  We rested, slept in, relaxed, watched football,  watched The Queen's Gambit and The Crown.  SO GOOD!!
We gave each other massages.  Well, he mostly massaged me.  I am so lucky, he loves touching me.  If I am sitting by him, he will grab my legs and massage them or he tickles my back and makes me have the chills.  He does it for hours.  It's so nice.  Most of the time, I fall asleep.  It's heavenly.  I have serious, like SERIOUS issues with people touching me.  I can't stand it.  But, I LOVE when he touches me.  Further indication that he is the one!!

Anyway, we did a lot of that.

We also made a console table for his office.  We are making it because he is on zoom meetings all day and I asked him to show me what his clients see when he is talking to them.  It was not very cute.  So I said.... "It's imperative that we make a table to have cute decorations on behind you".  He dragged his feet for over a month.  I kept bringing it up.  He kept NOT being as excited about it as I was.  Which was annoying.  Finally, I got demanding.  He said...  "It is not a priority in my life to have a cute table behind me on zoom calls".   It turns out, a 65" TV for our bedroom was more of a priority for him.  
GREAT!!!  Another TV that I can't turn off or on.

Nevertheless, I persisted.  
And he finally gave in and got to building.
It's not finished yet. 
When I say WE built a table, I really mean HE built a table and I sat on a stool with TWO heaters on me and watched.
My contribution will be decorating it.  It will be darling.


Look at that form

I am happy to say that we have finished up another month of 2020.
Thank you!!
The kids are still in school and living a fairly normal life.  

Quincey moved out the weekend before Thanksgiving into a super cute town home not far from us.

Peyton is doing really well with football.  She had a pick-6 the other night and Papa and Nana paid her $5.00.
Kaleigh is quite the little piano player.  She practices in her room with Allie's keyboard and her headphones.  And I will say to her on Sunday night, you have piano lessons tomorrow and I haven't heard you practice for one minute and then she'll say...  "oh yeah, listen to this and tell me I haven't practiced."  And she'll play her songs beautifully.  I am amazed each week.

Ryker just loves to play as hard as he can with his friends every day.  He is the most excited for Christmas Decorations and holidays.  He tells me several times a day how happy the tree makes him.  He also asks Raleigh to turn on Christmas music everyday.  He made this little snowman out of a sock and rice all by himself by watching a Youtube tutorial.  What a kid.

Happy Holidays everyone.  
Let's finish this year strong and move on from it.
Shall we?

No comments: