November FLEW BY...
But was also packed with some pretty amazing events and I loved every minute of it
I was sitting in a meeting at work
It had been going on for over an hour and was really productive.
Quincey text me out of the blue and said that she needed my advice and could she come over on her lunch break?
Well of course, but so weird, as she works at least a half hour away and drive time over to my office would kill her break. I thought it was a very "strange behavior" request, but I really didn't give it any more thought than that. And I expected her to arrive in a half hour.
Next thing I knew, she was walking in to my meeting
WITH BRAYDEN
...all the way from Kansas and giving me the biggest surprise of the year.
It literally took 15-20 seconds for me to recognize him and to realize what was going on.
It was so good to see him and be with him and to hear his voice.
All of the big kids were in on the surprise and I have to admit, it melted my heart to think that they cared enough about me to give me such a wonderful shock.
I took him on a tour of my work and got caught up on his life a little bit.
It was really nice to be with 3 of 4 of my big kids at the same time
Little KK had a birthday in early November
Papa and Nana arranged for another tiny yard sign to be delivered to the front yard
because you can't do something for one of these kids and not the others
Kami and Brent had crumbl cookies delievered
because you can't do something for one of them and not the others.
Then we had a birthday party and celebrated both
Brayden and Kaleigh's birthdays since they are a day apart.
KK was born the day before Brayden's 16th birthday
Her very best friend, Kaitlyn
My daughter in law, Crysti is so quiet and shy
But not this trip.
She talked more in the three days I was with her, than she has in the 6 years I've known her.
I loved talking with her.
And getting to know her better
We played a little bit of pickleball for as long as we had light.
Our court lights stopped working and it was so sad because we were all having a blast
I really loved this night a lot
I loved watching them all playing a game together.
I loved listening to them all laughing
Allie had only one wish for her weekend in St. G
and that was to help decorate the tree.
I was SO happy with the tree this year.
It is by far my best ever and looks like it is straight outta Pinterest.
I could not believe how easy and flawless it all went up this time.
I could NOT be happier.
We had such a good time (well I had a good time, I don't know if she did).
We listened to Michael Buble's Christmas Album.
I love the song, December Night because that song is
the one that will always and forever remind me of her and makes me cry everytime I listen to it
Right as we finished the tree, we changed clothes and went over to the Jacob Hamblin House and had family pictures minus one of us. They also turned out so good and I was so happy with them. Everyone was in such a good mood. No one had opinions or bad attitudes and I have fabulous memories of this day
I had my CT scan to see what is going on in my brain...
what is causing my headaches and brain fog?
Well......
LITERALLY NOTHING
that's what.
The radiologist said my brain is a clear as a 50 year old brain should be
and I have some mixed emotions about that...
Total gratitude and relief but at the same time, I am wondering what is causing me to be so forgetful and scatterbrained and emotional and angry and stressed and dizzy and headachy all the time?
I guess there was a part of me that wanted something to blame all of this on...
but there isn't anything TO blame it on
except for myself
I am a literal wreck all the time.
I have so much pressure on me.
I guess it's mostly self induced because on a relative scale
nothing I do really matters.
Who cares if one of the homes is missing a throw blanket?
Who cares if someone checks into one of the homes and finds crumbs under one of the couches?
WHO CARES?
Well, I do.
WAY TOO MUCH
and that has got to stop.
Brene Brown says before I start stressing, I am supposed to ask myself....
will this matter in 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days or 5 months?
If NOT, don't waste a minute worrying about it, just work the problem and let it go.
I'm trying. But, it's so hard to unlearn a habit.
Anyway... it's not a bad looking brain.
In our family, when someone gets a headache, we panic.
And I did.
I am so blessed that I am okay.
Looking inward has given me a lot of peace
Other than a calcified leision partially blocking an artery in my forehead causing a protrusion that bothers me slightly, there is literally nothing out of the ordinary in my head.
Doctor's Suggestion: stop stressing out about stuff that you shouldn't be stressing about
Stop putting so much unnecessary pressure on yourself
Don't get so worked up over stuff that does not even matter
Let stuff go
Calm down
Chill out
Get a new job
WORKING ON ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!
We practiced on our smoker:
A chicken with veggies
And it was 100% successful and so delicious
We occasionally like to take pictures of ourselves when we inadvertantly dress matching
We were also able to finally paint the sport court.
I tried to help out as much as I could, but I threw my back out taking off my sock mid-month and it was so hard for me to do anything. Fun fact: you use your back for literally everything. I almost DIED when I sneezed or blinked. As usual, Rals did most of the work which is always as it should be. I have a few talents, painting is NOT one of them.
I went out of the lines a lot.
In my defense, I was seriously cripled and the paint roller was on the end of a broom handle and it
was super squirly
was super squirly
It looks absoulutely fabulous!!
It is definitely coming together
Kaleigh went shopping with a friend one Saturday...
I said "do you need some money in case you see something you like?"
She said "no, I have my own money from my teeth."
She bought a Charlie Brown Christmas tree for her room and decorated it with left over ornaments from my tree. It was so darling. It's in her room.
She is the cutest person alive
I thought this picture was so cool.
This is my four big kids and their eye colors
Four kids=four different eye colors
Brown
Hazel
Blue
Green
Thanksgiving was low key.
It was just mom and dad and Quincey this year
Mom and Dad literally worked their butts off for days
and the food was SO good.
I just love turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and apple pie and ice cream.
Raleigh smoked a turkey
I apologetically could not eat it.
It grossed me out so bad watching him prepare it.
He did so many gross things, that I can't talk about or I'll dry heave
I drew the line when he cracked the spine and split the legs apart.
I WAS OUT!!
Both Raleigh and I had 5 days off together the week of Thanksgiving.
It was the greatest week I have had in a very long time.
We had the best time staycationing.
We took a drive up to Springdale and ate breakfast at Black Bear diner with KK
We cleaned the house.
We put up the Christmas Lights
And by WE, I mean I took some pictures of him doing it.
He is my very best friend
We have a couple of things to be excited about in our future.
Both of us have had offers to change some things we do.
One of us is a risk taker, one is not.
The risk taker will probably make some risky changes.
The non risk taker will most likely trudge on in her pathetic state and continue coming home from work every day and crying at the dinner table. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Property management=insanity
Why do I continue doing it? Like today it will be different. This company will be different.
Rals is our ward's newest Gospel Doctrine Teacher
He will be SO good
I can't wait to hear how his lessons go
I too teach Sunday School, so I'll never get to be in his class
But, we will have so much fun preparing our lessons together and having gospel discussions
Brayden and Crysti had so much fun in St George when they were here, they decided to move back.
He needs his mother.
He has been interviewing for jobs and he has had a couple of offers, but the job he wants the most hasn't made an offer yet and he really wants that one. I just want him to be happy.
They will move regardless. Favorite job or not.
I think they will be here by Christmas
Overall a very good month
With so many ups and a few downs, it was still fabulous.
Can't wait to see what plays out in December
No comments:
Post a Comment